Control Audio Video Components in Entertainment Cabinets or Equipment Closets using Existing IR Remote Controls
- Use an existing IR remote control to operate hidden audio video components
- Allows IR signals to pass through solid doors or walls, line-of-sight to the components is not required
- Four dual emitters allow for remote control of up to eight devices
- Confirmation LED built-in to the IR receiver acknowledges receipt of IR commands
- 40 foot range between an IR remote control and the IR receiver
The Smarthome SELECT Hidden IR Repeater System allows you to use an existing infrared (IR) remote control to operate up to eight audio/video (AV) components located behind closed doors or walls in an entertainment cabinet or equipment closet. The built-in IR distribution technology gives you the ability to conceal, yet still control, bulky electronic equipment such as a cable or satellite receiver, stereo receiver, amplifier, CD player, DVD player, Blu-ray player, or virtually any component controlled by an IR signal. The system uses an IR Receiver to take in the IR signals from an existing remote control and distribute those signals via IR Emitters to AV components. No longer do you have to leave cabinet doors open or struggle to remotely access your hidden AV equipment, you'll be able to reliably control your hidden components from up to 40 feet away The result is the freedom to have an installation that offers a clean, modern look by keeping all the AV eyesores out of sight.
40 Foot Range
An extended wireless range of 40 feet is 10 feet further than other similar products.
Dual IR Emitters
Less clutter with the same control, 4 wires with 2 IR Eitters instead of 8 wires with 1 IR Emitter.
LED Indicator Light
A built-in LED indicator light on the IR Receiver lets you know the IR signal has been received.
Simple plug and play installation will have you in control within minutes.
This convenient home theater accessory is easy to use and sets up in minutes, no electrician of professional installer required. Start by mounting the IR Repeater in your equipment cabinet using the included Velcro tape. Plug the 1/8 inch mini jack plug end of the IR Emitters into the repeater box and attach the other end to the IR window of each AV component you wish to control. Next, plug the 4-pin Connector from the IR Receiver into the IR Repeater box and place the other end in a location where it can receive line-of-sight signals from your IR remote control; ideally this will be on a shelf or on an exposed part of the cabinet. Double sided tape has been pre-installed on the IR emitters and the IR receiver to make this process easier. That's it, now you just use your remote control as you normally would, a confirmation LED indicator light on the IR receiver will let you know when the system has received a remote control command.
The included emitters can control many different A/V components. They're made of material that is transparent to IR light, so commands can still pass directly to individual components if desired. Each emitter cord is approximately six feet in length, with two emitters split off the of end; the emitter wires can be peeled away from each other to allow for a variety of mounting positions.
- When placed in an enclosed cabinet or closet, some AV components will require additional ventilation or a cooling fan
- Protect the IR Receiver from interference from Plasma, LCD, and LED TVs
- Protect the IR Receiver from excess ambient light, including direct sunlight, floodlights, halogen or fluorescent lamps
- Avoid IR emitter cables blocking equipment doors and slots that may need to be opened
- Attach the IR emitter directly to the component or to a shelf facing the component's IR eye (within 3 inches)
- Placing two IR emitters on the same component will not improve performance
- Do not attempt to open the power supply or IR repeater box, doing so will void your warranty
- The Hidden IR components are not weather-resistant, do not expose this system to moisture
|Manufacturer Product No.||59501|
IR repeater box: 2 5/8" L x 2 1/8" W x 7/8" T
IR emitter cord: six feet in length
IR receiver cord: six feet in length
Power cord: five feet in length
|Emitters||Four cables with 1/8" mini jack plugs - each cable has two emitters for a total of eight emitters|
|IR Receiver Range||40 ft (may vary depending on actual operating conditions)|
|Power Supply||120V-240V, 50-60Hz, 0.15A max LPS, 12V 0.2A output|
|Smarthome Warranty||2 Years|
- 1x - Hidden IR Repeater Box
- 4x - Dual Output Emitters with 6 ft. Cord and 1/8 inch Mini-plug Connector
- 1x - IR Receiver with 6 ft. Cord and 4-Pin DIN Connector
- 1x - Plug-in Power Supply with 5 ft. Cord and Barrel Connector
- 1x - Strips of Velcro with Adhesive Backing for Mounting
- 1x - Quick Start Guide
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.