Plug-in Interface Allows for Insteon Control from a PC or Automation Controller
- Insteon interface compatible with a variety of software and controllers (see below)
- Easy, trouble-free serial connection
- Powerline interface uses simple RS-232 commands, allowing any device with a programmable serial port to send Insteon commands
- Supports Insteon extended messages
- Supports 1,000+ links
- Built-in dual-band technology sends and receives Insteon RF signals
The Serial Insteon PowerLinc Modem is a serial-based home automation interface that allows PC- and hardware-based automation controllers to control Insteon -compatible lights, appliances, heating/air conditioning systems and alarm systems directly via the Insteon network. This home automation interface uses simple RS-232 commands, allowing any device with a programmable serial port to send Insteon commands easily, making controllers such as SimpleHomeNet's and Universal Devices' IP bridges instantly Insteon compatible. The dual-band interface sends and receives both powerline and radio frequency (RF) Insteon signals, so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new Insteon installs and if have or plan to use an RF-only Insteon -compatible remote, thermostat, motion sensor and contact sensor. The RF signal can bypass electrical noise or attenuation near the PC and it pulls many of the "distant" Insteon devices one hop closer, which can expand the size of potential installations into even larger homes and commercial buildings.
- Built-in Dual-Band with RF function, acts like an Access Point for phase bridging and RF to/from power line
- 1,000+ links (compared to around 1000+ links previously)
- Added a beep sounder
- Red/Green LED light
- Supports faster reading and writing of the PLM's database by another controller
- Much lighter weight
- No pass-through outlet
Please Note: The controller connected to the Serial Insteon PowerLinc Modem must remain powered on and running the controller program connected to the controller or host at all times of usage. Additionally, the dual-band interface does not supply power to external devices.
- Smartenit Utility Suite
If using with HouseLinc
If you intend on using this with HouseLinc software please note the following:
- HouseLinc software has been discontinued and is no longer supported
- To use this PLM with HouseLinc you must first download and update the HouseLinc Definitions file.
- No technical support provided for HouseLinc – we recommend reaching out to the Smarthome Forum community.
Other PowerLinc Options:
PowerLinc Modem - Insteon USB Interface (Dual-Band)
Ideal for Developer Use
Hardware developers with products that include RS232 ports can use the Serial Insteon PowerLinc Modem to send and receive Insteon communications. This relieves developers from embedding Insteon chips inside their devices and provides a quick way to market without having to go through electronics re-designs or costly safety agency approvals. It also provides electronic TTL lines for direct connection to systems with embedded processors.
Please note that developing application and controls for the PLM is not for the casual home automation enthusiast. Due to the nature of this product, Smarthome's technical support staff cannot offer programming support for developers. We cannot assist in the troubleshooting or development of applications and/or code.
If you are interested in developing software for the PowerLinc or for more information about becoming an Insteon developer please click here.
Advanced support for Insteon developers is sold separately.
|Manufacturer Product No.||2413S|
|Patent No.||U.S. Patent No. 7,345,998. Protected under U.S. and foreign patents (see www.insteon.com)|
|Certification||Safety tested for use in USA and Canada (ETL #3017581)|
|Status LED||Green/Red LED|
|Interface||RS-232 & TTL|
|Baud Rate||19,200 Kbps|
|Insteon Addresses||1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible|
|Insteon Device Category||0x03 (Network Bridges)|
|Insteon Device Sub-Category||0x11|
|Insteon Power Line Frequency||131.65 KHz|
|Insteon Minimum Transmit Level||3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms|
|Insteon Minimum Receive Level||10 mV|
|Insteon Messages Repeated||Yes|
|Operating Conditions||Indoors, 32 to 104° F, up to 85% relative humidity|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||3.9" x 2.6" x 1.5"|
|Voltage||120 Volts AC +/- 20%, 60 Hertz, single phase|
|Power Consumption||1.68 Watts|
- 1x - Insteon Serial Modem
- 1x - Quick Start Guide
- 1x - DB-9 Serial Cable - for connecting to a computer
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.