Invaluable Troubleshooting Tool for Insteon Networks
- Convenient KeypadLinc-style handheld test tool for troubleshooting Insteon installations
- Plug into an outlet to conduct six different diagnostic tests
- Test signaling quality and diagnose signaling issues
- "Stress" an installation with distance tests
- Monitor in-band noise and Insteon traffic on the powerline
- Find the best outlets for Access Point placement
Whether you're planning a new Insteon installation or trying to locate communications problems in an existing one, the 8-function Insteon Diagnostic Keypad will eliminate time-consuming guesswork. Plug it into an outlet to locate sources of noise and traffic, then link to an Insteon responder to test its response time.
Functions of Insteon Diagnostic Keypad include:
- On/Off Toggle Sends on/off broadcast without confirmation to unit under test
- Beep Sends a beep message to unit under test. This allows you to test devices you don't wish to toggle on and off and/or from locations where you can hear the responder's beep but cannot see the unit under test.
- Report* This test allows you to monitor the quality of control signals from the device under test and is commonly used to commission an installation.
- Traffic This test allows you to monitor in-band noise and Insteon traffic on the powerline.
- Distance Sends alternating fast-ons and fast-offs to unit under test and beeps upon positive message receipt.
- Lock/Unlock* Prevents accidental changes being made to on-level, ramp rates, etc.
- Relink* This is a convenient feature that quickly relinks a device under test when you have unlinked it and disabled its local setup. It is also handy to re-link to a device at a different level/state.
- Unlink* Unlinks the unit under test
Note: Unit under test = last responder linked *This feature works only with Insteon devices shipped after March 2012.
|Manufacturer Product No.||2993-222|
|Insteon Powerline Mesh Repeater||Yes|
|LED||White when a particular test mode is active|
|Local Control||N/A, not a load controller|
|Commands Supported as Controller||On, Off, Beep|
|Commands Supported as Responder||N/A, not a load controller|
|RF Range||150 ft.|
|Standard lamp cord||N/A|
|Beep on Button Press||N/A|
|Operating Temperature Range||32° to 104° F|
|Operating Humidity Range||0-85% relative humidity|
|Voltage||110VAC (+/- 10%)|
|Load Type(s)||N/A, not a load controller|
|Maximum load||N/A, not a load controller|
|Minimum Load||N/A, not a load controller|
|User Replaceable Fuse||N/A|
|Hardwired Remote Control||N/A|
|Retains All Settings Without Power||N/A|
|Standby power consumption||< 1 watt|
|Safety Approval(s)||ETL (Intertek Testing Services)|
- 1x - Insteon Diagnostic Keypad
- 1x - Enclosure Lid and Base
- 2x - Enclosure Screws
- 3x - Wire Nuts
- 1x - Strain Relief Grommet
- 1x - Power Cord