- Great for that "hard to reach" window that needs a shade you can open and close
- Motorized shades provide privacy at the press of a button
- Battery-powered motor requires no wiring or electrical outlet
- Choose from a variety of colors and fabric densities
- Available for windows up to 72" x 72"
Order a fabric sample book (fee will be deducted from your final purchase price). Pricing listed below.
You've automated your lighting, security, and entertainment systems, but if you're still getting up and crossing the room to close your shades, you haven't truly discovered the ease and pleasure of home automation. By installing motorized shades powered by Somfy, you'll enjoy privacy with the press of a button, and adding shades to windows has numerous advantages, including energy savings, since your air conditioning won't need to work as hard if the sun isn't beating in directly.
Especially convenient for windows in hard-to-reach areas, such as skylights, high windows, and windows behind counter or bathtubs, motorized shades won't interfere with the integrity of your décor: The Somfy 12-volt tubular motor utilizes a multi-button remote control. This remote control allows the consumer to set electronic limit stops, remembers 3 preset positions and allows the consumer to set a "preferred" or "most favored" position.
Adding motor control to window coverings also helps your shades last longer because eliminating the manual pulling and tugging gets rid of the associated wear and tear. Using the included remote, you'll be able to open, close or partially close shades with the press of a button. Whether you're seeking relief from late-afternoon sun or want all exterior light eliminated for daytime darkness, Smarthome offers a wide array of colors and sizes as well as three options for the percentage of light allowed through, including total blackout for maximum privacy and light elimination.
How Does it Work?
The remote-control shades powered by Somfy have your choice of either a built-in radio receiver or a built-in infrared receiver. Using the remote included with your purchase, you'll be able to command your shades to open, close, or stop at any spot in between. Select the infrared remote for standard control or upgrade to the radio-controlled remote: You won't need to point it directly at the shades to control them! Each remote can control the shades on up to four windows in any room.
How to Order Window Coverings
- Decide if you want your shades installed within the window opening (Inside Mount) or on your wall/trim (Outside Mount). Inside Mount provides a neater look, but be sure you have enough depth, a minimum of 2 3/4 inches, to allow the product to fit. Use an Outside Mount when your opening is shallow or when your window is significantly out of square.
- Measure all windows with a steel measuring tape, even if they appear to be the same size, rounding down to the nearest 1/8". Don't be surprised if your windows aren't perfectly square. The maximum window shade size that the battery-powered motor can control is 72" x 72".
Measuring for Inside Mounts:
Provide the EXACT window opening size. DO NOT TAKE ANY DEDUCTIONS.
Width: Measure in 3 places (top, middle, and bottom) and use the NARROWEST measurement. Measure in 3 places and use the TALLEST measurement.
Measuring for Outside Mounts:
Specify the EXACT WIDTH and the EXACT HEIGHT you want your product; the factory will make your product the exact size you specify. Include room in your measurement for the mounting brackets, which are up to 2 1/2 inches tall. For additional privacy and to block additional light, add 3 inches on the top, bottom, and both sides.
3. Choose 10%, 5% or blackout shades (see specs below).
4. Choose fabric color (note: color may vary depending on your monitor setting; a fabric sample book is available for a fee that can be deducted from your final purchase price).
5. call: 1-800--762-7846 M-F 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Eastern Time
You can control you Somfy blinds with the Dry Contact Interface (Somfy RTS Motors) and the EZIO 4 Input/2 Output Relay Controller from any INSTEON controller. You can even integrate it to some software solutions like Indigo Software and any of the ISY-99 Line.