View a Camera at Your Front Door and Control Your Porch Light From Your iPhone
- Insteon Hub
- Wireless IP Camera
- Dimmer (for incandescent lighting) or On/Off Switch (for CFL or other non-dimmable lighting)
Insteon Hub Central Controller
Wireless IP CameraUnavailable
Insteon Remote Control Dimmer Switch
Insteon Remote Control On/Off Switch
- Replace the porch light switch with the Insteon switch (dimmer or relay).
- Plug the Insteon Hub directly into an outlet near your router (avoid plugging Insteon Hub into surge-protected power strips or outlets as this may impede signals).
- Connect the Insteon Hub into an available port on your router with the included network cable.
- With your iPhone, connect to Insteon Hub following the instructions in the manual.
- Now using your iPhone create a "front door" room within INSTEON Hub and link your porch light.
- Install and setup your IP camera following the camera instructions.
- Once you have confirmed your camera is viewable online, go to the front door room in INSTEON Hub and
- Now you can view and control the camera and light from a single page on your iPhone or web-enabled device.
Before installing Insteon wall switches and keypads be sure to check that you have neutral wires available behind your existing switches. These are commonly a group of white wires that are capped off in the back of the junction box.