Looking for a way to access and manage common household devices via network-based software and an Ethernet network? This Home Network Adapter is exactly what you need! With two serial ports, three relays and six independent Infrared (IR) outputs, it can control IR, relay and serial devices, such as televisions, motorized blinds, security systems and more.
Unfortunately, most household devices such as TVs and stereos, and security systems can't communicate over networks. Top-to-bottom proprietary systems can control household devices, but are extremely expensive and require specialized dealer training for installation. Recently, more affordable home control and automation software, based on open systems and standards has become available. However, to use the new open systems software, multiple devices, and sometimes piggybacked equipment, is necessary to connect various types of household devices to a network. This method can be quite expensive, somewhat complex, and often unreliable. Global Cach's cost effective and easy-to-use GC-100 is designed to solve those problems. Utilizing Global Cach's GC-100 Network Adapter, the most commonly used devices can be easily managed and accessed via network-based software. Our unique modular mix-and-match design allows integrators, installers, and OEMs to control diverse systems such as entertainment, security, lighting, and irrigation in a cost effective manner.
This model includes:
- Power input: 12 to 15V DC@500mA (wall power adapter included)
- IR: 3.5mm mono jack, independent user selectable IR outputs or sensor inputs
- Serial: Male DB9, RS232 up to 19.2Kbaud bi-directional hardware flow control
- Relay: Screw terminal plug, 24V AC/DC@.5A N.O. contact with transient voltage suppression
- LEDs: Link, network activity, power, IR, and sensor activity