Provide your home with protection from high-energy transient voltage surges that can damage sensitive electronics such as computers, audio and video gear and other electronic appliances. The Leviton 51120-1 Whole Home Surge Protector and Suppressor can be used individually or as part of a coordinated application strategy, to protect sensitive electronic equipment, in industrial, commercial and residential locations. This device will divert damaging voltage transients, or surges, away from electronic equipment offering protection against catastrophic failure, costly downtime and data disruptions.
The Leviton Branch Panel Mounted Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS) devices are designed to protect residential as well as small commercial establishments from high voltage transients. Standardized J-Box metal enclosure with pre-punched standard size knockouts simplifies flush mounting in typical frame construction environments, and provides convenient connection means to existing branch panels. Some of the features are:
Comfort where it matters
ecobee remote sensors read the temperature in the rooms that matter most and deliver the right temperature in the right places. The more sensors you add, the smarter your ecobee performs, making your home even more comfortable.
- Tested to ANSI/IEEE C62.41 standards
- Single high-energy solid-state semiconductor surge suppression circuitry per phase
- Real-time diagnostic visual indicator shows power and suppression status for each protected phase
- Each phase provided with independent thermal fuse protection
- Feature a low VPR to ensure protection of sensitive electronic devices including LCD TVs, PDAs and computers
- Standard J-Box enclosure with pre-punched standard knock-outs can be easily surface mounted in typical frame construction
- Internal DIN rail module provides for easy replacement (on Type 1 outdoor unit only)
- All versions are compatible with Leviton Decora Home Controls
Protection for whole-house lighting control systems
While this whole house surge suppressor is great for protecting computers, TVs and other electronics, it can also protect against damage to lighting control systems such as INSTEON, X10, or Z-Wave. Voltage spikes of several hundred or even thousands of volts generated by outside sources do occasionally occur. We know of customers that have had several X10 components fail simultaneously for no apparent reason except for one clue, home control components that happened to be plugged into a surge suppressor/surge protector power strip were still functional.
If you are going to be using a significant number of remote control light switches in your home, adding a whole house surge protector will give you a good insurance policy against costly damage to both your home control system and other delicate electrical equipment in your house.
We recommend that whole-house surge protector units be installed by a licensed electrician.
This latest version of the Leviton Whole-House Surge Suppressor has greatly increased surge handling capacity. This surge protector unit is an essential component when installing extensive whole-house lighting control systems. LEDs on the panel show operation status.