The USB Insteon PowerLinc Modem is a USB-based home automation interface that allows PC- and hardware-based automation controllers to control Insteon-compatible lights, appliances, heating/air conditioning systems and alarm systems directly via the Insteon network. The dual-band interface sends and receives both powerline and radio frequency (RF) Insteon signals, so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new Insteon installations if you have or plane to use an RF-only Insteon-compatible remote, thermostat, motion sensor and contact sensor. The RF signal can bypass electrical noise or attenuation near the PC and it pulls many of the "distant" Insteon devices one hop closer, which can expand the size of potential installations into even larger homes and commercial buildings.
- Built-in Dual-Band with RF function, acts like an Access Point for phase bridging and RF to/from power line
- 1,000+ links (compared to around 1,000+ links previously)
- Added a beep sounder
- Red/Green LED light
- Supports faster reading and writing of the PLM's database by another controller
- Much lighter weight
- No pass-through outlet
Please Note: The controller connected to the USB Insteon PowerLinc Modem must remain powered on and running the controller program connected to the controller or host at all times of usage. Additionally, the dual-band interface does not supply power to external devices.
- Vera (MiCasa Verde)
- HCA (Home Control Assistant)
- Smartenit Utility Suite
If using with HouseLinc
If you intend on using this with HouseLinc software please note the following:
- HouseLinc software has been discontinued and is no longer supported
- To use this PLM with HouseLinc you must first download and update the HouseLinc Definitions file.
- No technical support provided for HouseLinc – we recommend reaching out to the Smarthome Forum community.
Other PowerLinc Options:
PowerLinc Modem - Insteon Serial Interface (Dual-Band)
Ideal for Developer Use
Please note that developing application and controls for the PLM is not for the casual home automation enthusiast. Due to the nature of this product, Smarthome's technical support staff cannot offer programming support for developers. We cannot assist in the troubleshooting or development of applications and/or code.
If you are interested in developing software for the PowerLinc or for more information about becoming an Insteon developer please click here.
Advanced support for Insteon developers is sold separately.