| || |
Turn On Your Holiday Lights Automatically at Dusk!
|Holiday Automation Project #1 |
You've worked hard at setting up your holiday lighting display to make your home look bright and festive. You want your family and neighbors to enjoy your handiwork. But, as evening starts to roll in, you forget to turn on your holiday lights! So what do you end up doing? Running around plugging everything in.
Well, you can eliminate that hassle now with holiday lighting automation. With a touch of a button you can have all your lights come on or turn off. Or, better yet, have your holiday lights turn on automatically when the sun goes down and turn off automatically after a desired amount of time.
#4030 - X10 Mini-Controller, and
#1100X - X10 Mini-Timer, or
#4035 - X10 Photocell Mini-Controller, or
#2001s - ApplianceLinc Modules, or
#2000s - LampLinc Modules (for dimmable lights)
1) Set up your holiday lights the way you normally would, and then plug them into the ApplianceLinc modules or LampLinc modules (for dimmable lights).
2) Set the housecode and unit code on each module to a housecode and unit code that can be controlled by the photocell, timer, or mini controller you will be using.
3) Plug the LampLinc or ApplianceLinc modules into outlets.
4) Plug the controller into an outlet and set its housecode to match the housecodes and unit codes on the lamp or appliance modules that the holiday lights are plugged into.
5) If you are using the timer mini-controller, set a time that you want the lights to come on and a time that you want them to go off (so they won't stay on through the whole night). The X10 Photocell Mini Controller will automatically turn lights on at dusk and off at dawn.
This project is accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Due to continual development and specification changes by manufacturers, there may be modifications to the steps or products required to complete the projects described.
SMARTHOME.COM assumes no liability of the accuracy of the information contained in this book or for any loss, damage or injury that may be caused directly or indirectly by following the information in this book.
The installation of 110V/220V products is potentially very hazardous. We recommend that installation be performed by a licensed electrician.