Special Price: $262.50
List Price: $299.99
Your Savings: $37.49
Special Price: $79.55
List Price: $99.99
Your Savings: $20.44
Price For Both: $342.05
- What's Included
The AMBER SELECTx can be used as the emergency communication center of your system. Using the included pendant transmitter or other optional detectors/transmitters, you can wirelessly contact a Monitoring Center (activation sold separately) or a private phone number of a friend or relative to report the emergency event. The waterproof PERS (Personal Emergency Response System) pendant wireless transmitter lets you signal to the AMBER SELECTx from anywhere in your home when you need emergency assistance. It can be activated by simply pushing its red button to place an emergency call or answer an incoming call. A total of 29 wireless sensors, sold separately, can be used with this system. The main unit allows for two-way voice communication and has a built-in speakerphone for hands-free communication making it easy to place an outgoing or receiving an incoming call if you are unable to reach the phone. Both the central station and any person to whom the unit is dialing can perform a number of actions using the AMBER SELECTx unit including but not limited to: speaker ON, microphone OFF, microphone ON, speaker OFF, Increase speaker volume, Decrease speaker volume, Trouble announcement and Trouble stop. A HHCPC (Home Health Care Personal Computer) software CD has also been included to make setup up easy and allow for remote access to your system (if connected to a modem), providing a remote diagnostic and event log. The AMBER SELECTx is ideal for seniors, those with a disability, or anyone who wants to add increased safety and well-being of individuals within their home.
Should you lose the included CD, you may download the software at ftp://ftp.visonic.com
- Login for FTP site:
- Login for software:
Note: Download latest version of the Amber Select (not basic) software.
The AMBER SELECTx includes the following buttons on the main unit.
- EMERGENCY - When pressed, an emergency alarm is reported to the Monitoring Center or to private phones and a two-way voice communication is opened between the unit and the Monitoring Center
- CALL - When pressed, a non-emergency message is reported to the Monitoring Center and a two-way voice communication is opened between the unit and the Monitoring Center.
- CHECK - This button should be pressed to: answer incoming calls, acknowledge programmed reminders, change the status of the unit to HOME or AWAY, announce time, and arm or disarm the alarm system.
The HHCPC is a utility program that enables you to manage the Amber control panel from a remote station. It runs on PC workstations with Microsof't Windows 2000 or Windows XP. It allows offline preparation of specifications, each of which is a set of parameters especially tailored for a particular HHCPC installation site. After the user has prepared the parameters for the site, they can be downloaded into the Amber control panel on the site.
Data is transferred to and from the HHCPC either locally through an RS-232 serial data cable or remotely via telephone lines and a modem. Local Data Transfer enables the operator to prepare the parameters for the Amber control panel on a PC where the operator specifies parameters in the Site Screens, even though the operator is working at the same installation site. The operator then transfers the data to the control panel through a cable.
Remote Data Transfer enables the operator to work from a remote site where several
Amber systems can be controlled at different installation sites. Using the HHCPC, the operator can compare the parameters of the different systems and copy them if necessary.
The data is then transferred to each HHCPC through a modem.
- Login for FTP site:
Manufacturer: Visonic Manufacturer Product No.: 0-100729 UPC: 0780245998873 Transmitter Battery Life: 3 years (for typical use) Frequency (MHz): 315 or according to local requirements Supply Voltage: 12 VAC, 1 A (via 120VAC/60Hz transformer) Battery Pack: NI-MH 9.6 V, 1.8 Ah, type GP 0-9912-G LEDs:
- POWER (Green): Normally ON, indicating that your system is properly connected to the power outlet
- TROUBLE (Red): Normally OFF. If LED flashes, there is a problem with the AMBER SELECTx or one of the devices.
- STATUS (Yellow): Normally OFF, which indicates the system is in HOME mode. FLASHES when unit is in AWAY mode.
Device Support: Up to 29 users (pendant transmitters and smoke detectors) Operating Temperature: 32° F to 104° F (0° C to 40° C) Storage Temperature: -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to 60° C) Dimensions: 9 13/16" x 7 1/4" x 2 5/16" (248mm x 185mm x 55 mm) Weight: 3 lb (1.35 kg) Storage Temperature: -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to 60° C) Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS, W.E.E.E. Warranty: Manufacturer one year limited
- Review of 7408 Review by medical
Review of 7408
No software, no tech support, difficult to set up, JUNK.
Posted on 7/22/2014
- Review of 7408 Review by GUNNAR
Review of 7408
Sometimes the phone connection drops out while programming. Usually have to manually reset the unit in order for it to connect for reporgramming. Some programming features don't seem to take (e.g. Chime). Remote access drops out (Amber hangs up) after 10 seconds of good connection - mystery as to why. Documentation is inadequate, so requires much guesswork and trial/error. Null modem cabe and, if USB only, specific Belkin USB/Serial adapter required. Accesories need to be identified as PERS since the RF ID code has to entered into the Amber program - it does not learn the wireless sensors like the other Visonic alarm products do. Amber does not have a USB port which makes it very cumbersome to use for those with laptops or newer desktops that don't come with a serial RS-232 port.
Posted on 12/23/2011
- Review of 7408 Review by Bluesgun
Review of 7408
I took a while to get the Visonic Selectx up and running. Here are some things to be aware of and I hope it will be helpful.
1. Note that the Selectx does not have a LCD display. Only the Select model, which Smarthome does not sell.
2. If your computer is fairly modern and probably does not have a RS-232 serial port, but rather USB only, you will need to buy the following: aSerial to USB converter only get the Visonic recommended Belkin items. I got the latest GWC and it did not work with the Amberand, bA female Null modem cable. Visonic tech support told me some cables do not have all the necessary wires, so best to use the special Visonic cable - which you will probably have to get on a special request from Visonic. So plan on spending another $50 or so for parts and shipping.
3. You can avoid the serial and null modem cables by programming the Amber via the phone line, but you need one line to dial out and another line to receive. It helps to have two separate phone numbers/lines,so you can hook up and test the unit at your location, instead of remotely.
4. Any wireless accessories such as motion detectors, alarm buttons, door/window contacts,etc. must come with a RF ID printed on the unit. The MCT-211 does NOT have a RF ID, so be sure to get the MCT-211 PERS which supposedly has the RF ID. Check out the Visonic webs site for the correct models with the PERS designations. Smartmhome sent me the MCT-211 which could not work, so I had to return it and pay shipping on top of it all.
5. No CD is provided with the Amber, so you are directed to a Visonic FTP side to download the software. Be sure to download the correct version since there are 3 versions and also audio software with no directions on how to use that software with the amber unit.
6. If you are a DIY'er, the programming setup instructions do not define what some of the settings mean or are used for, so you have to guess or get hold of Visonic tech support, which is not easy. Smarthome tech support told me they are only able to help you read the manuals, so anything not clearly documentd will need to be referred to Visonic.
7. I ended up using a Laptop running Vista, an external Robotics USB phone modem, and using the phone lines to do the programming. My desktop using XP would not work with the Visonic software to dial out, but it could be a problem in my system and not the fault of the Visonic software. The serial/usb GWC adapter with a null modem adapter would not work on eiter computer. I have since purchased the Visonic recommended Belkin FSU409V1 in the hopes it will work for me next time I need to do some local programming changes.
8. A feature I like is that the Amber can dial up to 4 private numbers and does not have to be connected to a monitoring station.
Posted on 12/21/2011
- Review of 7408 Review by ALAN
Review of 7408
I like the unit. It does its job well.
Start-up was alittle rocky though. When you first install the unit, you are supposed to connect the phone line. If the system is not reset properly, you have just taken your phone off line. Have a cell phone nearby to make sure it is still working properly and call your number.
This system relies on an RS232 serial port to use the set-up program. Getting the RS232 to work properly means you have to load a driver. The driver should be provided on the Amber system disk but is not. Loading a driver is not a problem, but you have to "End task" for the driver that is running (at least for my system loaded version).
The Amber comes with an ethernet port and may have a usb. The system should be updated to use either of those instead. And the opportunity to use the Amber as a network asset is intriguing. That I would like very much but it is not currently supported.
Documentation is poor (a 12 page simple set-up manual) until you load the cd and look there. Then you have what you need.
Now, if I can just get the user to actually push the button when she needs help! This is the second time I have used a system like this for an elderly person. They simply will not push the button - or they will push it all the time. There is no rational middle ground.
Posted on 10/25/2009
Leave a Review
- AMBER SELECTx Unit
- 120VAC to 12VAC transformer type OH-48109AT, Input 120VAC 60 Hz /
Output 12VAC 1000 mA
- Pendant transmitters supplied with necklace
- Rechargeable backup battery
- Owner's manual
- AMBER SELECTx Unit