- What's Included
The AMBER SELECTx can be used as the emergency communication center of your system. Using the included pendant transmitter or other optional detectors/transmitters, you can wirelessly contact a Monitoring Center (activation sold separately) or a private phone number of a friend or relative to report the emergency event. The waterproof PERS (Personal Emergency Response System) pendant wireless transmitter lets you signal to the AMBER SELECTx from anywhere in your home when you need emergency assistance. It can be activated by simply pushing its red button to place an emergency call or answer an incoming call. A total of 29 wireless sensors, sold separately, can be used with this system. The main unit allows for two-way voice communication and has a built-in speakerphone for hands-free communication making it easy to place an outgoing or receiving an incoming call if you are unable to reach the phone. Both the central station and any person to whom the unit is dialing can perform a number of actions using the AMBER SELECTx unit including but not limited to: speaker ON, microphone OFF, microphone ON, speaker OFF, Increase speaker volume, Decrease speaker volume, Trouble announcement and Trouble stop. A HHCPC (Home Health Care Personal Computer) software CD has also been included to make setup up easy and allow for remote access to your system (if connected to a modem), providing a remote diagnostic and event log. The AMBER SELECTx is ideal for seniors, those with a disability, or anyone who wants to add increased safety and well-being of individuals within their home.
Should you lose the included CD, you may download the software at ftp://ftp.visonic.com
- Login for FTP site:
- Login for software:
Note: Download latest version of the Amber Select (not basic) software.
The AMBER SELECTx includes the following buttons on the main unit.
- EMERGENCY - When pressed, an emergency alarm is reported to the Monitoring Center or to private phones and a two-way voice communication is opened between the unit and the Monitoring Center
- CALL - When pressed, a non-emergency message is reported to the Monitoring Center and a two-way voice communication is opened between the unit and the Monitoring Center.
- CHECK - This button should be pressed to: answer incoming calls, acknowledge programmed reminders, change the status of the unit to HOME or AWAY, announce time, and arm or disarm the alarm system.
The HHCPC is a utility program that enables you to manage the Amber control panel from a remote station. It runs on PC workstations with Microsof't Windows 2000 or Windows XP. It allows offline preparation of specifications, each of which is a set of parameters especially tailored for a particular HHCPC installation site. After the user has prepared the parameters for the site, they can be downloaded into the Amber control panel on the site.
Data is transferred to and from the HHCPC either locally through an RS-232 serial data cable or remotely via telephone lines and a modem. Local Data Transfer enables the operator to prepare the parameters for the Amber control panel on a PC where the operator specifies parameters in the Site Screens, even though the operator is working at the same installation site. The operator then transfers the data to the control panel through a cable.
Remote Data Transfer enables the operator to work from a remote site where several
Amber systems can be controlled at different installation sites. Using the HHCPC, the operator can compare the parameters of the different systems and copy them if necessary.
The data is then transferred to each HHCPC through a modem.
- Login for FTP site:
Manufacturer: Visonic Manufacturer Product No.: 0-100729 UPC: 0780245998873 Transmitter Battery Life: 3 years (for typical use) Frequency (MHz): 315 or according to local requirements Supply Voltage: 12 VAC, 1 A (via 120VAC/60Hz transformer) Battery Pack: NI-MH 9.6 V, 1.8 Ah, type GP 0-9912-G LEDs:
- POWER (Green): Normally ON, indicating that your system is properly connected to the power outlet
- TROUBLE (Red): Normally OFF. If LED flashes, there is a problem with the AMBER SELECTx or one of the devices.
- STATUS (Yellow): Normally OFF, which indicates the system is in HOME mode. FLASHES when unit is in AWAY mode.
Device Support: Up to 29 users (pendant transmitters and smoke detectors) Operating Temperature: 32° F to 104° F (0° C to 40° C) Storage Temperature: -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to 60° C) Dimensions: 9 13/16" x 7 1/4" x 2 5/16" (248mm x 185mm x 55 mm) Weight: 3 lb (1.35 kg) Storage Temperature: -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to 60° C) Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS, W.E.E.E. Warranty: Manufacturer one year limited
- AMBER SELECTx Unit
- 120VAC to 12VAC transformer type OH-48109AT, Input 120VAC 60 Hz /
Output 12VAC 1000 mA
- Pendant transmitters supplied with necklace
- Rechargeable backup battery
- Owner's manual
- AMBER SELECTx Unit