- What's Included
The ISY994iZw/IR Pro is one of the most advanced Insteon controllers on the market and has numerous features to satisfy the most advanced DIY'er or seasoned home control enthusiast. If you need unbridled control, the ISY994iZw/IR Pro is your controller.
This controller now features Z-Wave technology to automate home control products and provide easy remote operation of all your Z-Wave enabled devices. The Z-Wave product family includes a variety of devices ranging from lighting to home security systems to conveniently manage your home. This controller is one component of a Z-Wave control and is designed to work with all other Z-Wave enabled devices in a home automation network. It will also act as a wireless repeater to insure that commands intended for another device in the network are received, thereby extending the range of the wireless controller.
TheISY994iZw/IR Pro supports up to 1,024 devices and scenes and a maximum of 1,000 programs. The ISY994iZw/IR Pro controller is able to configure and program Insteon devices using Insteon native protocols and specifications. This allows it to directly write to Insteon devices internally instead of just in the controller, creating a more robust network. You can set up timer events and custom event triggers, as well as monitor and control all the Insteon-compatible devices in your home from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Now you can check if the lights in your house were left on and remotely control them from your computer at the office. The IR model allows you to program your infrared universal remote to control all your Insteon/X10 devices and scenes. The PRO model extends the capabilities of the ISY for extremely large installations.
For Insteon control this device must be paried with an Insteon Dual-Band PLM Serial Interface. The PLM allows for direct communication with your existing Insteon network from the ISY994i/IR Pro controller. The PLM features built-in dual-band technology that sends and receives Insteon signals via powerline and radio frequency (RF), so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new INSTEON installs if you have or plan to use an RF-only Insteon-compatible devices like a Mini Remote, Thermostat, Motion Sensor, Contact Sensor.
Extends the capabilities of the ISY994i Series
- An expansion slot which could be utilized to install and support other protocols such as a Zigbee and Z-Wave
- Increased code memory to support additional communications drivers
- Native support for Open ADR out of the box
The ISY994iZw/IR Pro requires an Insteon Serial PowerLinc Modem PLM (sold separately).
ISY994iZw/IR Pro does provide a port for an optional AC adapter for instances where the PLM does not supply power, or the user prefers to supply power independent of the PLM (for example, PLM 2413S).
Native iPhone/iPad/Andriod Apps for use with ISY-994i series now available
With MobiLinc and an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or Android powered device, controlling the lights, thermostats, irrigation, garage doors, devices, entertainment system, and monitoring IP cameras/DVRs and energy consumption in your home or business has never been easier!
- Securely access your ISY anywhere with MobiLinc Connect cloud service. No complex networking required. It just works
- Supports Geo-fencing for true home automation when leaving or arriving home
- Supports Push Notifications to be instantly notified about Insteon/Z-Wave changes you are interested in on all your iOS devices
- Voice Control plug-in controls your ISY with the power of voice from your iOS devices
- IP Camera plug-in supports live streaming from thousands of IP cameras and DVRs to your iOS devices
- ELK Support for home security integration on your iOS devices
- Supports Energy Monitors to display real-time energy consumption
- Custom Dashboard for all your favorite devices, scenes, and programs
- Supports a virtual unlimited number of ISY-99x controllers
- Customize your devices, scenes, and programs with icons and custom names
See www.mobilinc.com for more information.
Agave - ISY app for mobile home automation of Insteon® and Z-Wave® devices. Agave Home Automation allows for seamless, secure and customizable remote access to your Universal Devices ISY Controller from your Android® smartphone and tablet
Many Insteon® and Z-Wave® devices can be controlled through ISY using Agave. If you find one that isn’t supported, contact the developer (we’ll need a node dump of the device from an ISY).
Agave can control your Elk® M1 Home Security system through your ISY. Arm and disarm in all Elk modes including status of and control of bypass of all of your Elk zones.
Agave works with your favorite Insteon devices (requires an Insteon-compatible ISY). Whether you want to control an Insteon Thermostat, LED light bulb, On/Off Switch Relay, Dimmer switch, IO Linc Sensor/Relay, Triggerlinc Open/Close sensor, Motion sensor (2420 verified), smoke sensor, or an EZFlora/lawn sprinkler, Agave works for you. As new Insteon devices are released, we work to add them quickly to Agave.
Agave works with several Z-Wave devices (requires a Z-Wave compatible ISY). Schlage Door locks, thermostats, on/off and dimmable switches, MIMOLite sensors, and Aeon Multisensors can be controlled through Agave. If you have a Z-Wave device that isn’t already added to Agave, we’ll work with you to get it added quickly (please contact the developer!).
Agave can connect to your ISY using any combination of the following methods in the order
- Direct Connection via private home network (local) connection (usually the “primary” connection)
- Direct Connection via external network/cellular data connection (may require port forwarding on router) (often the “secondary” connection)
- UDI Portal (Requires subscription through UDI)
See www.agaveha.com for more information.
Agave Home Automation Features
- Control of both Insteon®, X10 and Zwave® devices via the Universal Devices ISY home control center
- Secure SSL connection
- Customizable home screen – Move the controls for you most used devices for easier access
- Customizable buttons and status updates – Change switch types and status indicators to fit your home automation set up
- Connect to your home network via WiFi, mobile data or UDI Portal
- Real time home status updates
- PIN code locking and Encrypted user credentials
- Multiple profiles and device support
- Scene control – single button control for multiple device settings
See www.agaveha.com for more information.
Additional Features for the ISY994i Series
Remotely accessible from anywhere in the world and on any platform
- Monitor, control, and configure your system remotely.
- Secure Web Server with certificate management (up to 2048 bits).
- Automatically create port forwarding rules on your UPnP enabled router.
- Browser-based Java Applet or Java Web Start Application.
- Support for Windows, MAC, and Linux.
Field Upgradeable/Auto Upgrade
Realtime clock on board
- Supports Daylight Saving
- Supports automatic sync with internet time sources (NTP)
- Automatically calculation of Sunrise/Sunset times based on location
- For easiy monitoring, control and management Devices can be linked to the ISY using thier Insteon address or by pressing their SET buttons. Once linked to the ISY, devices can be monitored, controlled and managed through the ISY's built-in web server and Java-based Administrative Console
- 3rd party products are available to monitor and control your home from your iPhone, PC, Nokia touch panel, and more!
- If you already have devices installed and programmed, the ISY can crawl your existing Insteon network to automatically link discovered devices
- Replace Device: seamlessly replace a defective device with a new one
- Replace Modem: seamlessly replace a defective modem (PLM) with a new one
- Restore Devices: simply restore your device to its correct settings if it is factory reset or has somehow lost its programming
- Create folders/sub-folders to help organize your devices and scenes
- Support for majority of Insteon products
- Supports up to 1024 devices/scenes
- Use simple drag/drop to easily create scenes containing multiple devices
- Create controller/responder relationships between all devices within the scene
- Easily change scene attributes for each and every one of the devices within the scene
- Once programmed, scenes operate completely independent of the ISY for the quickest response time and most reliable operation
Programs, Schedules, and Variables
- Programs are easily created by simple mouse point and click
- Create complex schedules using precise time, from/to, days, sunrise/sunset times, offsets, etc.
- Create complex triggers based on the combination of schedules, any event (e.g. key press), and many other triggers
- Use Variables to control the flow of programs
- Complete support for Wait and Repeat constructs including Random values
- Custom and user defined email and SMS Notifications to custom user groups
IR Control (IR Models Only)
- Control all your Insteon/X10 devices with any infrared universal remote (RC5-compatible)
- Control other network-enabled devices using our optional Network Module (RS-232 devices can be controlled using an ELK IP232 or Global Cache GC-100 and more)
- Non IR models can be field upgraded to IR platform
- Built-in X10 support includes the use of programs to control your X10 devices using IR, schedules, or events from other Insteon/X10 devices
- Optional X10/A10 Module features enhanced X10 capabilities, including support for X10 devices in the device tree
- Free REST, Web Services, and Java SDK for easy integration with 3rd party hardware and software - or development of your own
- Discounts on products and modules for eligible developers
Unit Comparison Chart
ISY994i ISY994i/IR Pro ISY994iZw ISY994iZw/IR Pro Insteon® Support
(Requires Dual-Band PLM)
(Requires Dual-Band PLM)
(Z-Wave radio included)
Max. Number Of Nodes
(Node = deivces,
buttons, scenes, folders)
256 1024 256 1024 Max. Number Of Programs 300 1000 300 1000 Amazon Echo Support
(Requires ISY Portal subscription
($49. every 2 years)
Infrared Remote Control
- ISY994i requires an Insteon serial PLM (not included). PLM model number 2413S is compatible with ISY
- ISY994i does require a power supply when used with a PLM which supplies power via the RJ-45 port (for example, PLM model 2413S)
- ISY994i does provide a port for an optional AC adapter for instances where the PLM does not supply power, or the user prefers to supply power independent of the PLM (for example, PLM model 2413S). ISY power supplies can be purchased item #1223PS.
Specifications Manufacturer Universal Devices Manufacturer Product No. ISY994iZw/IR Pro UPC 857386003138 Maximum Devices/Scenes 1,024 Maximum Programs 1,000 IR Support Yes Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor
- Needs improvement Review by Mark
So far I do like this unit, but there are a few gripes with it. Some more important than others.
1) Program to turn on lights when motion is detected is delayed. I can literally be half way down the hallway before the light even turns on. The motion sensor detects me right before I enter the door opening, so by time I walk through it should have triggered the light.
2) Not that important, the interface could be a little more up-to-date with current technology. Seems like I'm running an app build in the mid 90's. I won't remove a star for this because at least so far it has been stable/reliable.
3) The front LED is super bright. I have this mounted in the living room so it can read IR commands. But during nighttime - watching movies, its a huge distraction. Not aware of any ability to dim or turn off this light.
Posted on 5/24/2015
Leave a Review
- 1x - ISY994IZw/IR Pro Insteon Compatible Automation Controller
- 2x - 3 Foot Ethernet Cable (RJ-45)
- 1x - Power Supply
- 1x - Quick Start Guide