- What's Included
The ISY994iZw is one of the most advanced INSTEON controllers on the market and has numerous features to satisfy the most advanced DIY'er or seasoned home control enthusiast. If you need unbridled control, the ISY994iZw is your controller.
This controller now features Z-Wave technology to automate home control products and provide easy remote operation of all your Z-Wave enabled devices. The Z-Wave product family includes a variety of devices ranging from lighting to home security systems to conveniently manage your home. This controller is one component of a Z-Wave control and is designed to work with all other Z-Wave enabled devices in a home automation network. It will also act as a wireless repeater to insure that commands intended for another device in the network are received, thereby extending the range of the wireless controller.
This module provides ISY support for Z-Wave in a way that integrates with other protocols running on the same ISY. Supported devices include:
• Lamp dimmers
• Appliance module (on/off)
• Schlage locks
• Kwikset locks
• Yale locks
The ISY994iZw supports up to 256 devices and scenes and a maximum of 300 programs. The ISY994iZw controller is able to configure and program INSTEON devices using INSTEON native protocols and specifications. This allows it to directly write to INSTEON devices internally instead of just in the controller, creating a more robust network. You can set up timer events and custom event triggers, as well as monitor and control all the INSTEON-compatible devices in your home from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Now you can check if the lights in your house were left on and remotely control them from your computer at the office.
For INSTEON control this device must be paried with an INSTEON Dual-Band PLM Serial Interface. The PLM allows for direct communication with your existing INSTEON network from the ISY994iZw controller. The PLM features built-in dual-band technology that sends and receives INSTEON signals via powerline and radio frequency (RF), so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new INSTEON installs if you have or plan to use an RF-only INSTEON-compatible devices like a remote, thermostat, motion sensor or contact sensor.
Extends the capabilities of the ISY99i Series
- An expansion slot which could be utilized to install and support other protocols such as a Zigbee
- Increased code memory to support additional communications drivers
- Native support for Open ADR out of the box
(1) The ISY994iZw requires an INSTEON Serial PowerLinc Modem PLM (sold separately):
• 2412S - PowerLinc - INSTEON Modem, Serial (no longer available but it is compatible)
• 2413S - PowerLinc Modem - INSTEON Serial Interface (Dual-Band)
(2) The ISY994iZw does not require a power supply when used with a PLM which supplies power via the RJ-45 port (for example, PLM model #2412S). ISY994iZw does provide a port for an optional AC adapter for instances where the PLM does not supply power, or the user prefers to supply power independent of the PLM (for example, PLM model #2413S).
Using any Java-enabled web browser, the ISY994iZw gives you the ability to control, monitor and configure all INSTEON-compatible devices from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Best of all, no software is needed to gain access to your INSTEON network. Simply bring up a browser and type in the URL of your Home Automation Controller.
Native iPhone/iPad Apps for Use with ISY-99i Now Available
- MobiLinc - Control all of your lights, thermostats, devices, programs, and irrigation system while on vacation or away from home. With MobiLinc and the many INSTEON and Z-Wave devices available, home automation from the palm of your hand has never been easier.
MobiLinc works with any ISY-99x series central controller (requiring the PowerLinc Modem).
• Securely access your ISY anywhere with MobiLinc Connect cloud service. No complex networking required. It just works.
• Supports Geo-fencing for true home automation when leaving or arriving home.
• Supports Push Notifications to be instantly notified about INSTEON/Z-Wave changes you are interested in on all your iOS devices.
• Voice Control plug-in controls your ISY with the power of voice from your iOS devices.
• IP Camera plug-in supports live streaming from thousands of IP cameras and DVRs to your iOS devices.
• ELK Support for home security integration on your iOS devices.
• Supports Energy Monitors to display real-time energy consumption.
• Custom Dashboard for all your favorite devices, scenes, and programs.
• Supports a virtual unlimited number of ISY-99x controllers.
• Customize your devices, scenes, and programs with icons and custom names.
See www.mobilinc.com for more information.
Available through the App store:
MobiLinc HD ($49.99)
Also Available for Andriod:
MobiLinc Pro ($19.99)
- eK ISY - eKeypad ISY is a mobile application that allows your iPhone to control aspects of your ISY-99. This includes all INSTEON devices supported by the ISY. Additionally, eK ISY supports as many INSTEON devices as can be configured on the ISY.
Additional Features for the ISY994i/IR
Remotely accessible from anywhere in the world and on any platform
- Monitor, control, and configure your system remotely
- Secure Web Server with certificate management (up to 2048 bits)
- Automatically create port forwarding rules on your UPnP enabled router
- Browser-based Java Applet or Java Web Start Application
- Support for Windows, MAC, and Linux
Field Upgradeable/Auto Upgrade
- Many new features added regularly via firmware updates
- Admin Console automatically notifies you of official firmware updates
- Standard ISY994i is field upgradeable to ISY994i PRO to support additional devices/scenes
Realtime clock on board
- Supports Daylight Saving
- Supports automatic sync with internet time sources (NTP)
- Automatically calculation of Sunrise/Sunset times based on location
- For easiy monitoring, control and management Devices can be linked to the ISY using thier INSTEON address or by pressing their SET buttons. Once linked to the ISY, devices can be monitored, controlled and managed through the ISY's built-in web server and Java-based Administrative Console
- 3rd party products are available to monitor and control your home from your iPhone, PC, Nokia touch panel, and more!
- If you already have devices installed and programmed, the ISY can crawl your existing INSTEON network to automatically link discovered devices
- Replace Device: seamlessly replace a defective device with a new one
- Replace Modem: seamlessly replace a defective modem (PLM) with a new one
- Restore Devices: simply restore your device to its correct settings if it is factory reset or has somehow lost its programming
- Create folders/sub-folders to help organize your devices and scenes
- Support for majority of INSTEON products
- Supports up to 256 devices/scenes
- Use simple drag/drop to easily create scenes containing multiple devices
- Create controller/responder relationships between all devices within the scene
- Easily change scene attributes for each and every one of the devices within the scene
- Once programmed, scenes operate completely independent of the ISY for the quickest response time and most reliable operation
Programs, Schedules, and Variables
- Programs are easily created by simple mouse point and click
- Create complex schedules using precise time, from/to, days, sunrise/sunset times, offsets, etc.
- Create complex triggers based on the combination of schedules, any event (e.g. key press), and many other triggers
- Use Variables to control the flow of programs
- Complete support for Wait and Repeat constructs including Random values
- Custom and user defined email and SMS Notifications to custom user groups
- Built-in X10 support includes the use of programs to control your X10 devices using IR, schedules, or events from other INSTEON/X10 devices
- Optional X10/A10 Module features enhanced X10 capabilities, including support for X10 devices in the device tree
- Free REST, Web Services, and Java SDK for easy integration with 3rd party hardware and software - or development of your own
- Discounts on products and modules for eligible developers
- An expansion slot which could be utilized to install and support other protocols such as a Zigbee
Specifications Manufacturer Universal Devices Manufacturer Product No. ISY994iZw UPC 857386003237 Maximum Devices/Scenes 256 Maximum Programs 300 IR Support No Manufacturer Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor
- Best Home Automation Controller Review by Bob H
Best Home Automation Controller
I actually bought this through Smarthome.com, but am o pleased I had to write a review here. This is the BEST device for controlling Insteon or ZWave and any other protocol like ZigBee. It is powerful, robust and works perfectly. Now, it IS working with Insteon which functions over the power lines. Anyone who has worked with Insteon can tell you that it can drive you crazy at times. That is not the fault of the controller however. I had one ToggleLinc that would not link to this device and could not figure out why. I removed it and plugged it into an outlet, not for the faint of heart, and it linked fine. I returned it to its intended location and it continues to function fine. The problem was in certain commands that use the radio capability of the newer Insteon devices. I also have a phase bridge wired into my main breaker panel. Again, this is all Insteon issues.
I have been doing home automation since the X-10 days. This device is replacing Houselinc on a computer. I passed on the Insteon Hub because it did not appear to support random On-Times so the lights come on at a slightly different time each day.This unit has a great deal of power in what it an do. You can solve most problems two or three ways. Now, the price for that performance is that this device is not for people who are uncomfortable with computers and modest programming. If you have used something like Houselinc before you be fine, but there will be a bit of a learning curve. That being said it is an investment that is well worth. The support part of their web site has a WIKI link to documentation that is more than thorough. There are programming examples from simple to mind blowing. I have used their support extensively to solve some Insteon problems. I contacted the through email and it worked very well. May be the best support service I have ever had and that is saying something. Definitely browse the documentation on the web sit4e before you buy and if you find it intimidating, buy something more plug and play, but you will not be able to do most of what this thing can do.
This is a solid, reliable device that does what it says it will do backed up by a great team on support.
Posted on 9/23/2016
Leave a Review
- 1x - ISY994iZw INSTEON Compatible Automation Controller
- 2x - 3 Foot Eternet Cable (RJ-45)
- 1x - Power Supply
- 1x - Quick Start Guide