- What's Included
The ISY994iZw/IR Pro is one of the most advanced Insteon controllers on the market and has numerous features to satisfy the most advanced DIY'er or seasoned home control enthusiast. If you need unbridled control, the ISY994iZw/IR Pro is your controller.
This controller now features Z-Wave technology to automate home control products and provide easy remote operation of all your Z-Wave enabled devices. The Z-Wave product family includes a variety of devices ranging from lighting to home security systems to conveniently manage your home. This controller is one component of a Z-Wave control and is designed to work with all other Z-Wave enabled devices in a home automation network. It will also act as a wireless repeater to insure that commands intended for another device in the network are received, thereby extending the range of the wireless controller.
TheISY994iZw/IR Pro supports up to 1,024 devices and scenes and a maximum of 1,000 programs. The ISY994iZw/IR Pro controller is able to configure and program Insteon devices using Insteon native protocols and specifications. This allows it to directly write to Insteon devices internally instead of just in the controller, creating a more robust network. You can set up timer events and custom event triggers, as well as monitor and control all the Insteon-compatible devices in your home from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Now you can check if the lights in your house were left on and remotely control them from your computer at the office. The IR model allows you to program your infrared universal remote to control all your Insteon/X10 devices and scenes. The PRO model extends the capabilities of the ISY for extremely large installations.
For Insteon control this device must be paired with an Insteon Dual-Band PLM Serial Interface (included). The PLM allows for direct communication with your existing INSTEON network from the ISY994iZw/ IR PRO controller. The PLM features built-in dual-band technology that sends and receives Insteon signals via powerline and radio frequency (RF), so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new Insteon installs if you have or plan to use an RF-only Insteon-compatible devices like a Mini Remote, Thermostat, Motion Sensor, Contact Sensor.
Extends the capabilities of the ISY994i Series
- An expansion slot which could be utilized to install and support other protocols such as a Zigbee and Z-Wave
- Increased code memory to support additional communications drivers
- Native support for Open ADR out of the box
The ISY994iZw/IR Pro does not require a power supply when used with a PLM (included) which supplies power via the RJ-45 port. ISY994iZw/IR Pro does provide a port for an optional AC adapter for instances where the PLM does not supply power, or the user prefers to supply power independent of the PLM (for example, PLM 2413S).
Using any Java-enabled web browser, the ISY994iZw/IR Pro gives you the ability to control, monitor and configure all Insteon-compatible devices from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Best of all, no software is needed to gain access to your Insteon network. Simply bring up a browser and type in the URL of your Home Automation Controller.
Native iPhone/iPad/Andriod Apps for use with ISY-994i series now available
With MobiLinc and an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or Android powered device, controlling the lights, thermostats, irrigation, garage doors, devices, entertainment system, and monitoring IP cameras/DVRs and energy consumption in your home or business has never been easier!
- Securely access your ISY anywhere with MobiLinc Connect cloud service. No complex networking required. It just works
- Supports Geo-fencing for true home automation when leaving or arriving home
- Supports Push Notifications to be instantly notified about Insteon/Z-Wave changes you are interested in on all your iOS devices
- Voice Control plug-in controls your ISY with the power of voice from your iOS devices
- IP Camera plug-in supports live streaming from thousands of IP cameras and DVRs to your iOS devices
- ELK Support for home security integration on your iOS devices
- Supports Energy Monitors to display real-time energy consumption
- Custom Dashboard for all your favorite devices, scenes, and programs
- Supports a virtual unlimited number of ISY-99x controllers
- Customize your devices, scenes, and programs with icons and custom names
See www.mobilinc.com for more information.
Agave - ISY app for mobile home automation of Insteon® and Z-Wave® devices. Agave Home Automation allows for seamless, secure and customizable remote access to your Universal Devices ISY Controller from your Android® smartphone and tablet
Many Insteon® and Z-Wave® devices can be controlled through ISY using Agave. If you find one that isn’t supported, contact the developer (we’ll need a node dump of the device from an ISY).
Agave can control your Elk® M1 Home Security system through your ISY. Arm and disarm in all Elk modes including status of and control of bypass of all of your Elk zones.
Agave works with your favorite Insteon devices (requires an Insteon-compatible ISY). Whether you want to control an Insteon Thermostat, LED light bulb, On/Off Switch Relay, Dimmer switch, IO Linc Sensor/Relay, Triggerlinc Open/Close sensor, Motion sensor (2420 verified), smoke sensor, or an EZFlora/lawn sprinkler, Agave works for you. As new Insteon devices are released, we work to add them quickly to Agave.
Agave works with several Z-Wave devices (requires a Z-Wave compatible ISY). Schlage Door locks, thermostats, on/off and dimmable switches, MIMOLite sensors, and Aeon Multisensors can be controlled through Agave. If you have a Z-Wave device that isn’t already added to Agave, we’ll work with you to get it added quickly (please contact the developer!).
Agave can connect to your ISY using any combination of the following methods in the order
- Direct Connection via private home network (local) connection (usually the “primary” connection)
- Direct Connection via external network/cellular data connection (may require port forwarding on router) (often the “secondary” connection)
- UDI Portal (Requires subscription through UDI)
See www.agaveha.com for more information.
Agave Home Automation Features
- Control of both Insteon®, X10 and Zwave® devices via the Universal Devices ISY home control center
- Secure SSL connection
- Customizable home screen – Move the controls for you most used devices for easier access
- Customizable buttons and status updates – Change switch types and status indicators to fit your home automation set up
- Connect to your home network via WiFi, mobile data or UDI Portal
- Real time home status updates
- PIN code locking and Encrypted user credentials
- Multiple profiles and device support
- Scene control – single button control for multiple device settings
See www.agaveha.com for more information.
Additional Features for the ISY994i Series
Remotely accessible from anywhere in the world and on any platform
- Monitor, control, and configure your system remotely.
- Secure Web Server with certificate management (up to 2048 bits).
- Automatically create port forwarding rules on your UPnP enabled router.
- Browser-based Java Applet or Java Web Start Application.
- Support for Windows, MAC, and Linux.
Field Upgradeable/Auto Upgrade
Realtime clock on board
- Supports Daylight Saving
- Supports automatic sync with internet time sources (NTP)
- Automatically calculation of Sunrise/Sunset times based on location
- For easiy monitoring, control and management Devices can be linked to the ISY using thier Insteon address or by pressing their SET buttons. Once linked to the ISY, devices can be monitored, controlled and managed through the ISY's built-in web server and Java-based Administrative Console
- 3rd party products are available to monitor and control your home from your iPhone, PC, Nokia touch panel, and more!
- If you already have devices installed and programmed, the ISY can crawl your existing Insteon network to automatically link discovered devices
- Replace Device: seamlessly replace a defective device with a new one
- Replace Modem: seamlessly replace a defective modem (PLM) with a new one
- Restore Devices: simply restore your device to its correct settings if it is factory reset or has somehow lost its programming
- Create folders/sub-folders to help organize your devices and scenes
- Support for majority of Insteon products
- Supports up to 1024 devices/scenes
- Use simple drag/drop to easily create scenes containing multiple devices
- Create controller/responder relationships between all devices within the scene
- Easily change scene attributes for each and every one of the devices within the scene
- Once programmed, scenes operate completely independent of the ISY for the quickest response time and most reliable operation
Programs, Schedules, and Variables
- Programs are easily created by simple mouse point and click
- Create complex schedules using precise time, from/to, days, sunrise/sunset times, offsets, etc.
- Create complex triggers based on the combination of schedules, any event (e.g. key press), and many other triggers
- Use Variables to control the flow of programs
- Complete support for Wait and Repeat constructs including Random values
- Custom and user defined email and SMS Notifications to custom user groups
IR Control (IR Models Only)
- Control all your Insteon/X10 devices with any infrared universal remote (RC5-compatible)
- Control other network-enabled devices using our optional Network Module (RS-232 devices can be controlled using an ELK IP232 or Global Cache GC-100 and more)
- Non IR models can be field upgraded to IR platform
- Built-in X10 support includes the use of programs to control your X10 devices using IR, schedules, or events from other Insteon/X10 devices
- Optional X10/A10 Module features enhanced X10 capabilities, including support for X10 devices in the device tree
- Free REST, Web Services, and Java SDK for easy integration with 3rd party hardware and software - or development of your own
- Discounts on products and modules for eligible developers
Unit Comparison Chart
ISY994i ISY994i/IR Pro ISY994iZw ISY994iZw/IR Pro Insteon® Support
(Requires Dual-Band PLM)
(Requires Dual-Band PLM)
(Z-Wave radio included)
Max. Number Of Nodes
(Node = deivces,
buttons, scenes, folders)
256 1024 256 1024 Max. Number Of Programs 300 1000 300 1000 Amazon Echo Support
(Requires ISY Portal subscription
($49. every 2 years)
Infrared Remote Control
- ISY994i requires an Insteon serial PLM (not included). PLM model numbers 2413S and 2413U are compatible with ISY
- ISY994i does require a power supply when used with a PLM which supplies power via the RJ-45 port (for example, PLM model 2413S)
- ISY994i does provide a port for an optional AC adapter for instances where the PLM does not supply power, or the user prefers to supply power independent of the PLM (for example, PLM model 2413S). ISY power supplies can be purchased item #1223PS.
- Best Home Automaton Controller Review by Bob H
Best Home Automaton Controller
I actually bought this through Smarthome.com, but am o pleased I had to write a review here. This is the BEST device for controlling Insteon or ZWave and any other protocol like ZigBee. It is powerful, robust and works perfectly. Now, it IS working with Insteon which functions over the power lines. Anyone who has worked with Insteon can tell you that it can drive you crazy at times. That is not the fault of the controller however. I had one ToggleLinc that would not link to this device and could not figure out why. I removed it and plugged it into an outlet, not for the faint of heart, and it linked fine. I returned it to its intended location and it continues to function fine. The problem was in certain commands that use the radio capability of the newer Insteon devices. I also have a phase bridge wired into my main breaker panel. Again, this is all Insteon issues.
I have been doing home automation since the X-10 days. This device is replacing Houselinc on a computer. I passed on the Insteon Hub because it did not appear to support random On-Times so the lights come on at a slightly different time each day.This unit has a great deal of power in what it an do. You can solve most problems two or three ways. Now, the price for that performance is that this device is not for people who are uncomfortable with computers and modest programming. If you have used something like Houselinc before you be fine, but there will be a bit of a learning curve. That being said it is an investment that is well worth. The support part of their web site has a WIKI link to documentation that is more than thorough. There are programming examples from simple to mind blowing. I have used their support extensively to solve some Insteon problems. I contacted the through email and it worked very well. May be the best support service I have ever had and that is saying something. Definitely browse the documentation on the web sit4e before you buy and if you find it intimidating, buy something more plug and play, but you will not be able to do most of what this thing can do.
This is a solid, reliable device that does what it says it will do backed up by a great team on support.
Posted on 9/23/2016
- Amazing Review by JEFF
If you really want to take your home automation to the highest level this is what you need. Extremely easy to use and more features and integrations than you can imagine.Very active support community if you run into any roadblocks. My only gripe is that Zwave devices need to be within about 6 feet of the controller to register them which is a hassle when the device is a hardwired switch or outlet. It's minor for me though since I have mostly Insteon devices, but still.
Posted on 7/1/2016
Leave a Review
- 1x - ISY994IZw/IR Pro Insteon Compatible Automation Controller
- 1x - 2413S Insteon Dual-Band PLM
- 2x - 3 Foot Ethernet Cable (RJ-45)
- 1x - Power Supply
- 1x - Quick Start Guide