OPEN BOX ITEMThis is a fully functional returned or demo product. May not have original packaging and may have cosmetic imperfections. Exchanges accepted for defective products only.
- What's Included
The Smarthome Plasma/LCD/LED/CFL Compatible Surface Mount IR Receiver Kit allows you to use an existing infrared (IR) remote control to operate up to eight audio/video (A/V) components located behind closed doors or walls in an entertainment cabinet or equipment closet. The built-in IR distribution technology gives you the ability to conceal, yet still control, bulky electronic equipment such as a cable or satellite TV receiver, stereo receiver or amplifier, CD player, DVD player, Blu-ray player, or virtually any component controlled by an IR signal. The kit uses an IR receiver to take in the IR signals from an existing remote control and distribute those signals via IR emitters to A/V components. No more leaving cabinet doors open or struggling to remotely access your hidden equipment, you'll be able to control up to eight A/V components from up to 80 feet away.
As the name implies, the Smarthome Plasma/LCD/LED/CFL Compatible Surface Mount IR Receiver Kit works with plasma, LCD and LED TVs, and can also be used in rooms with CFL lighting, which may cause interference with similar products.
The multi-colored trim pieces, not only help blend the kit's appearance into your home's decor, but also assist in blocking noise that may interfer with your IR signals.
The compact IR receiver, which measures 2.6 in. (L) x .47 in. (W) x .39 in (H), can be mounted in the most inconspicuous locations such as under shelf edges, on cabinet ledges or even in the grill of an in-wall speaker. It also features a sense input which can let you know if an external A/V device is on or off.
Quick Tip: You can eliminate potential IR signal loss and interference and increase the signal reliability of the IR Emitter attached to your Audio / Video (AV) component with the addition of a Smarthome SELECT IR Emitter Shield (sold separately).
How it Works
The system uses an IR receiver to take in the IR signals from an existing remote control and distribute those signals via IR emitters to A/V components. Point the remote at the IR receiver to send the appropriate commands to your hidden A/V components. The receiver was specifically designed to reduce interference from Plasma, LCD and LED TV screens that cause other IR receiver systems to fail.
1. IR Repeater Connecting Block
2. IR Receiver
3. Dual IR Emitter
4. Power Supply
Note: Wiring data in the enclosed manual is incorrect. The following is correct:
IR : Grey Dash
V+ : Grey Stripe
G : Solid Black
• Some A/V components, such as high-powered amplifiers and receiver, may require additional ventilation and will overheat in an enclosed cabinet and might require a cooling fan.
• Avoid allowing IR emitter cables to block equipment doors and slots that may need to be opened from time to time
• You'll enjoy increased range in dimmer applications, as this IR system has more sensitivity with less ambient light
• Do not attempt to open the power supply or IR repeater connecting block. Doing so will void your warranty
• This item is not weather-resistant. Do not expose this system to moisture
• A 120 volt AC power supply is included. For use in 220/240 volt countries, use a locally obtained 220/240 VAC to 12 volt DC, 500 mA adapter
Manufacturer: Smarthome Manufacturer Product No.: IR-1000 UPC: 813922011524 IR Emitter Outputs: 4 Output Emitters Included: 4 IR Frequency Range: 37 kHz - 39 kHz Power Supply Voltage: 5V Warranty: 30 days, limited
• 1x - Plasma Compatible Repeater Box
• 3x - Dual Output Emitters
• 1x - Dual Output Emitter with mini-plug connector
• 1x - IR Receiver with 1m cord
• 1x - Power supply