|If the idea of lighting control leaves you with more questions than answers, you're not alone. Automated lighting is neither overly complicated nor expensive, and its applications actually tend to run more to everyday use than high concept. If you're looking for lighting control ideas for your home, this is an excellent place to start.|
Why Lighting Control?Convenience
- What if your switches aren't where you want them? Lighting control lets you control hard-to-reach lamps, switches and appliances without stumbling through the dark or reaching behind furniture.
- Single-button control of all of your lights saves time and energy spent running around the house turning on or off the same sets of lights. Turn off all the lights in your house from your nightstand before you go to bed or press a button to light a path to your bedroom from the entryway when you get home after dark.
Safety and Security
- Dimmed lights use less electricity, and automated lightbulbs last significantly longer than standard light bulbs.
- Set up certain lights on timers, and you won't accidentally leave closet lights, laundry room lights, or entryway lights burning when they're not needed.
- Set up timers to turn certain lights on at sunset so that you and your family don't come home to a dark house.
- Monitor which lights are on in the house with the status feature to know for sure when your kids are up past their bedtime.
- Dim any lamp and soften the bright lights in any room.
- You spend time and money making your house look beautiful, now use your lighting to highlight art and architecture in your home.
- Dimmable lights and scenes adjust your home's atmosphere comfortably through dinner time, family time and romance time. Set the mood you want with the press of a button.
How does it work?
- INSTEON is the networking technology behind it all, using the power lines already in your house and RF - like a remote control through the air - to send signals. These two ways to communicate mean you get reliable control.
- INSTEON sends signals like on, off, dim and bright to lights, appliances and other systems (like sprinklers, garage doors, or security systems) in the house.
- Every device repeats the signal being sent to ensure that lights will turn on and off when commanded to do so.
Where do I start?
- Starter kits begin at under $100 and include everything you need to get started.
- OR try starting with a single application: Use a SwitchLinc dimmer and a LampLinc plug-in module to turn on the lamp across the room without stumbling in the dark.
- Every device builds your INSTEON network and makes it more robust so you can add one switch or device at a time, or set up your whole house at once!
- INSTEON devices install easily, plugging in or replacing your existing switches. Not comfortable changing your own switches? Find an installer near you!
What am I missing?
- Nothing! Our plug-in modules are really that easy just plug them in wherever you want remote control.
- Switches are installed using your standard power lines. You do need to have a neutral line to your box, so if you aren't comfortable with wiring, call an installer for help.
- Programming couldn't be simpler. Just link devices together using our easy "plug-and-tap" method. INSTEON devices are easy to set up, easy to change, and easy to reset if you make a mistake.
Last Updated: June 21, 2007