View a camera at your front door and control your porch light from your iPhone
1x - INSTEON Hub
1x - Wireless IP Camera
1x - Dimmer (for incandescent lighting) or Switch (for CFL or other non-dimmable lighting)
- Replace the porch light switch with the INSTEON switch (dimmer or relay).
- Plug the INSTEON Hub directly into an outlet near your router (avoid plugging INSTEON Hub into surge-protected power strips or outlets as this may impede signals).
- Connect the INSTEON Hub into an available port on your router with the included network cable.
- With your iPhone, connect to INSTEON Hub following the instructions in the manual.
- Now using your iPhone create a "front door" room within INSTEON Hub and link your porch light.
- Install and setup your IP camera following the camera instructions.
- Once you have confirmed your camera is viewable online, go to the front door room in INSTEON Hub and
- Now you can view and control the camera and light from a single page on your iPhone or web-enabled device.
Before installing INSTEON wall switches and keypads be sure to check that you have neutral wires available behind your existing switches. These are commonly a group of white wires that are capped off in the back of the junction box.