Security & Privacy
For more than 20 years, Smarthome® has been committed to providing you with a high-quality shopping experience with respect for your security and privacy.
- Orders placed at Smarthome.com are secure. The Smarthome web servers are equipped with industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology that enables anyone using an SSL-compatible browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) to send and receive data from our server in encrypted form.
- All Smarthome's Internet hardware is maintained in secure facility accessible only to authorized Smarthome employees and representatives.
- When you click on "checkout," our server will automatically transfer you into secure mode if supported by your browser. Most browsers give an indication that you have a secure connection by showing a closed lock in the URL bar at the top-left of the browser window. In all cases, the displayed URL will show https instead of http.
- If you get an error when you try to enter secure mode, it may be that you have an incompatible browser or you are behind a firewall that does not support encrypted transmissions. You may need to contact your ISP or system administrator to resolve these problems. Please feel free to place your order by phone at 800.762.7846 Mon - Fri 9:00am to 9:00pm and Sat 10:00am to 4:00pm ET.
Norton by Symantec is an independent, third-party company engaged in the development of digital trust. Norton provides authentication of Internet services, digital identity and intellectual property. By clicking on the Norton logo above, the Norton website will serve up a web page that confirms that Smarthome is "Norton Secured."
In order to process your order efficiently or to send you the correspondence you request, we will need to collect certain information from you. This information may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or credit card number and expiration date, which will not be shared with third parties.
- We do not share your e-mail address with any third party solicitors.
- When you order online, you will receive confirmation e-mails and, in some cases, a follow-up e-mail asking to rate your experience.
- If you have registered to join our email newsletter, you periodically get product, solution and sale alert emails from us. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time by simply using this form.
- Information is not provided to any agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes
- On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request in order to assist with fraud protection or investigation
- Smarthome.com uses "cookies," small files stored by your browser to store the contents of your shopping basket between visits.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent cookies. If you disable cookies on your browser, our shopping basket will not be able to log you in, so please phone your order in at 1.800.SMARTHOME (800.762.7846) Mon - Fri 9:00am to 9:00pm and Sat 10:00am to 4:00pm ET.
- You may can update your information by logging into My Account.
Please note: This Smarthome Privacy & Information Use Policy does not cover information that is inherent to the operation of the Internet and therefore beyond the control of Smarthome, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation. This policy is subject to change at any time.