Home Control Solutions
||powered by INSTEON®
View a camera at your front door and control your porch light from your iPhone
1 Wireless IP Camera
(for incandescent lighting) or Switch
(for CFL or other non-dimmable lighting)
- Replace the porch light switch with the INSTEON switch (dimmer or relay).
- Plug the SmartLinc directly into an outlet near your router (avoid plugging SmartLinc into surge-protected power strips or outlets as this may impede signals).
- Connect the SmartLinc into an available port on your router with the included network cable.
- With your iPhone, connect to SmartLinc following the instructions in the manual.
- Now using your iPhone create a "front door" room within SmartLinc and link your porch light.
- Install and setup your IP camera following the camera instructions.
- Once you have confirmed your camera is viewable online, go to the front door room in SmartLinc and
- Now you can view and control the camera and light from a single page on your iPhone or web-enabled device.
Before installing INSTEON wall switches and keypads be sure to check that you have neutral wires available behind your existing switches. These are commonly a group of white wires that are capped off in the back of the junction box.