- What's Included
Plexidor Pet Door Selection Guide Mount Style Lock Style Pet Type / Flap Size Finish Door Mount Manual (key lock) Small Breed Dog (6.50" W x 7.25" H) White • Silver • Bronze Door Mount Manual (key lock) Medium Breed Dog (9.00" W x 12.00" H) White • Silver • Bronze Door Mount Manual (key lock) Large Breed Dog (11.75" W x 16.00" H) White • Silver • Bronze Door Mount Manual (key lock) Extra Large Breed Dog (16.00" W x 23.750" H) White • Silver • Bronze Door Mount Electronic (RFID Collar) Large Breed Dog (12.75" W x 20" H) White • Bronze Wall Mount Manual (key lock) Small Breed Dog (6.50" W x 7.25" H) White • Silver • Bronze Wall Mount Manual (key lock) Medium Breed Dog (9.00" W x 12.00" H) White • Silver • Bronze Wall Mount Manual (key lock) Large Breed Dog (11.75" W x 16.00" H) White • Silver • Bronze Wall Mount Manual (key lock) Extra Large Breed Dog (16.00" W x 23.75" H) White • Silver • Bronze Wall Mount Electronic (RFID Collar) Large Breed Dog (12.75" W x 20" H) White • Bronze
• Small - Cats up to 24 pounds or Dogs up to 9 pounds
• Medium - Dogs up to 40 pounds
• Large - Dogs up to 100 pounds
• Extra Large - Dogs up to 220 pounds
• High-quality 'self-framing' pet door for doors 0"-1 3/4" thick
• 'Saloon-door' flaps (except for the small size which has a single flap)
• Steel locking cover (except for the small size)
• Separate keyed lock (included on all sizes, two on the Extra Large size).
• Small, Medium and Large flaps have a 1/8" hollow air space which significantly improves insulation.
• Is it difficult to train a pet to use a Plexidor pet door? - No. Most cats and dogs learn how to use a
Plexidor pet door in 2 seconds to 2 weeks. Do not push the pet through the Plexidor. Try and coax your pet
through with a treat.
• Can my cat use a Plexidor that is large for my dog? - Yes, most cats will use up to a large Plexidor.
If you have a medium size dog, you may need to go up in size to a large to keep the top of the door high
enough for the dog (shoulder height) and to bottom low enough for the cat (approximately 5" off the floor.)
• Can I paint my Plexidor? - Yes, just sand the frame, prime and paint. But, try our white. It is a baked
on finish like your stove.
• How do I measure my pet? - The opening of the pet door should be a slightly larger than your pet.
• Opening width - Measure the widest part of your pet.
• Opening height - Measure from the top of the shoulders to the chest just behind the front legs.
• Do a cardboard test to ensure correct size for your pet. Using the opening measurement size, cut a hole
in a piece of cardboard and see if your pet can pass through easily.
• Or, do a door test. Wedge open a house door the opening width and blook off the opening height
(starting a your pet's shoulders) and call your pet through.
• Pets duck their heads as they push open their doggie door or cat door and step through it so ideally
you should install the pet door with the top of the opening just above your pet's shoulders.
Specifications Manufacturer Plexidor Manufacturer Product No. PD DOOR XL SV UPC 856853003091 Installation Type
- Door Mount
- Solid Core Door, Hollow Core Door, Metal Door, Aluminum Door, Steel Door , Polycarbonate, Plywood or Other Thin Material
Opening 16" W x 23.75" H (406mm, 603mm) Cut Hole 18" W x 25" H (457mm, 635mm) Overall 20.5" W x 26.75" H (521mm, 679mm) Maximum Thickness Frames up to 1 3/4" thick household door Finish Bronze Breed Size Extra Large - Dogs up to 2200 pounds Lock Manual, keyed (2 keys included) Weather Resistant Yes - Temperate-3 Season Self-Framing Yes Frame Material Extruded Aluminum Flap Material Acrylic Flap Thickness 3/8" Weather Resistant Yes
Leave a Review
- 1x - Plexidor Pet Door with Manual Lock
- 2x - Lock Keys
- 1x - Security Plate
- 1x - Set of Exterior Trim Pieces and mounting hardware
- 1x - Owner's Manual