- What's Included
More about the Niles Audio Directed Soundfield (DS) Speaker Series
Niles Audio 3rd generation Directed Soundfield (DS) speakers offer amazing performance and versatility. Using a truly unique design that offers a fully adjustable, independent pivoting woofer and tweeter you can create the ideal listening environment no matter where you have positioned your in-ceiling / in-wall speaker. The rust-proof MicoThin speaker grilles magnetically attach to the speakers for a flush mount to the ceiling or wall, leaving an unobtrusive, seamless blend, and can even be painted to match with any room decor. You can install with confidence and ease using the spring-tensioned mounting clamps that adjust to expanding and contracting surfaces. Weather-resistant construction enables installation in moist areas, such as bathrooms or outdoors under eaves.
- Stereo Input loudspeakers are ideal for small rooms where positioning two loudspeakers is not practical. Examples would be a small kitchen, bathroom, hallway, or small bedroom. Locate the loudspeaker as close to the center of the room as possible for the most even distribution of sound. Avoid installing the loudspeaker near a corner to prevent a 'boomy' or diffracted sound.
Running Wire in Walls or Ceilings
When running loudspeaker wire inside walls or ceilings, use special jacketed cable (CL-2 or CL-3 rating) to protect the wire and for fire prevention. In some municipalities, conduit is required. For a trouble-free installation, low voltage wire such as loudspeaker wire must be in accordance with the National Electrical Code and any applicable provisions of the local building code. If you are unsure of the correct installation techniques, wire jacket, or type of conduit to use, consult a professional audio/video installer, building contractor, or the local building and inspection department.
Specifications Manufacturer Niles Audio Manufacturer Product No. DS7SI, FG01616 UPC 760514016163 Construction 7" glass fiber woofer cone, dual 1" UltraSilk soft dome tweeters Recommended Amplifier Power 10 - 130 Watts Impedance 8 Ohm Nominal; 6 Ohm Minimum Frequency Response 55 Hz To 21 KHz +/ -3 DB Maximum SPL 105 DB Voice Coil Size 1" Crossover Type Asymmetric 2nd Order 2-way Computer Optimized Linkwitz Riley Crossover Frequency 2.8 KHz Magnet Weight 17.5 Oz Frame Dimensions (with Grille) 9-7/8" (25.15 Cm) Diameter Hole Cutout Dimensions 8-1/2" (21.60 Cm) Diameter Depth Behind Ceiling (5/8" Drywall): 5-5/16" (13.6 Cm) Warranty Manufacturer Lifetime Limited
Leave a Review
- 2x - Niles Audio DS loudspeakers
- 2x - Magnetically attached round grillesile
- 2x - Hole templates with painting standoffs
- 1x - Owner's manual with warranty information