Do you love electronics, gadgets and amazing products that automate your life? If so, the INSTEON Marketing department wants you as its new Marketing Associate!
As INSTEON's Marketing Associate, you'll be responsible for diving headlong into our line of connected home products, including everything from engineering and marketing specifications to website and packaging copy, help provide the best user experience with simple and accurate product user guides, product page details, retail merchandising, press releases and more!
You'll have fun testing new products, making sure they function according to specifications and providing feedback to engineering, marketing and IT.
- Develop a clear understanding of the INSTEON product line, fully understanding how each device operates. Product will be provided for use in your own home
- Develop customer-facing marketing materials, including retail website copy, press releases, media pitches, packaging copy, trade show press kits, copy and videos for smartphone/tablet apps, retail merchandising displays, and online advertising
- Liaise with Engineering and Product Development teams in development of product requirements documents, manuals, quick start guides, specification sheets, labels, etc
- Keep track of and update product documentation to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Work with Project Management and Production teams to ensure correct product documentation is sent to beta testers, factories, etc.
- Maintain and update website copy as needed
- Maintain product document database
- Minimum BA/BS degree; English, Communications, Business, Engineering or Computer Science degrees preferred
- Professional experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized and self-motivated while simultaneously working on multiple projects
- Able to interface closely with multiple teams in a variety of disciplines
- Knowledge of/experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically graphic and document design in Photoshop and InDesign
- Photography/Videography experience
- Knowledge of/experience editing websites
- Familiarity with social media and community forums
- Interest in home automation and/or knowledge of electrical wiring
INSTEON is the most reliable, expandable, brilliant connected home networking system available. With such innovative products as the first-to-market remote-controlled LED Bulb, remote-controlled dimmer outlets and switches, wireless IP cameras, Internet gateways and iOS/Android apps, INSTEON continues to lead the industry with ingenious, simple, affordable solutions.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, relevant writing samples and salary requirement to [email protected] with "Marketing Associate" as the email subject.
INSTEON is an equal opportunity employer.