Lockey Systems 2835SN Keyless Mechanical Digital Spring Latch Door Lock is a bump proof, pick proof, mechanical keyless door lock that does not require wires, batteries or electricity. This lock does have a lever handle on the outside and inside and is ADA Compliant. This lock can be set to remain unlocked with the passage function or can be set to lock every time the door closes. The passage function will allow the spring latch to move in and out freely. This lock is perfect to replace your current door knob or for brand new doors. These provide keyless security, are easy to install and use, fit most doors and are weather resistant for outdoor or indoor use.
Also available in Antique Brass, Bright Brass, Jet Black, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Brushed Chrome, Marine Grade, Satin Chrome, and White.
- Manufacturer: Lockey
- Product number: 2835SN
- Lock only dimensions: 5 1/2" H X 1 5/8" W X 1 1/2 D"
- Lock Dimensions with Trim Plates: 6 1/2" H X 2 1/2" W X 1 1/2" D
- Manufacturer: Lockey
- Review of 51997SN Review by RICHARD
Review of 51997SN
I procrastinated for a year before attempting to install this lock (in place of a pre-existing lock) because the poorly translated and idiomatically incorrect instructions made the job seem far more difficult than it turned out to be. When I finally got around to it, installation required me to drill only 1 additional hole in the door...should have done it a year ago.
For those who care, this lock system is made in Japan instead of the evil 'C' country. Materiel and manufacturing quality are quite good and appearance is pleasing.
With respect to functionality, there are some problems:
1. This is a purely mechanical system that uses mechanical tumblers. If you want to reset the combination, i.e. after giving the combination to a guest, you will have to get out the several required tools, remove the entire lock set from the door, then disassemble and reset the tumbler mechanism. The provided instruction page for this procedure is, unfortunately, incorrect.
2. Regardless of what alpha-numeric tumbler combination you set, the lock can be opened by pressing the appropriate buttons in ANY sequence. Example: Your combination is 1234Z. The burglar presses Z 1 4 2 3...and the lock will open. NOT GOOD.
3. You unlock the door, enter the house and let the door close behind you. The door re-locks...and your husband, 5 seconds behind you, with an armload of groceries has to punch in the secret code to gain entrance. Of course there's a workaround, but it's a nuisance.
4. The keypad markings do not stand out well in very dim light. So, you will need to be very good at braille or else have a 'squeeze light' in your pocket if attempting to enter your code during blackout conditions.
Overview: This digital lock set is a good thing in spite of some shortcomings. I no longer have to be concerned about losing or forgetting a house key as has happened so many times in the past. I don't have to hide a spare key somewhere outdoors. Although my wife hates me for installing it, this lock set is AOK.
Posted on 12/6/2011
Leave a Review