- What's Included
The Omnistat2 line from Leviton Security & Automation offers the latest in programmable communicating thermostats. It includes all the standard features such as creating a 7-day schedule with separate weekday, Saturday and Sunday heating schedules; as well as a vacation mode. It can also be integrated into an existing Zigbee network or with the Omni family of Leviton Security & Automation Central Automation Controllers. What really makes this line of thermostats unique is the ability to learn your patterns of operation and use that information to create maximum efficiency; conserving energy while keeping you comfortable. Generally up to half of your electric bill can be accounted for by your heating and cooling system, so managing them is the best way to cut energy costs. Some other cool features include a simple 3-button user interface, a filter reminder for peak efficiency, simple or advanced display, motion sensing large digital LCD screen, adjustable backlit LCD screen, energy monitoring with real-time costs and bills, and smart metering communication with your utility company (where available).
In addition to all of these premium features for the Omnistat2 line of products, the RT20Z-W Multistage Thermostat with Heat Pump and Humidity Control also includes:
- • Single stage including gas, oil, steam, hydronic, forced air, radiant, electric 2 stage conventional
- • Heat pumps, including air to air heat pumps or geothermal
- • 2 Speed heat pumps with 3rd stage auxiliary heat
- • Compatible with zone control systems that require a master thermostat
- • Variable speed fan control
- • Dual fuel heat pumps
- • Humidity sensing and display
- • Humidifier control
- • Dehumidifier control
This thermostat is equipped with Energy Efficient Control (EEC) that continually monitors the performance of the HVAC system and uses Stage 2 (heat or cool) and Stage 3 (auxiliary heat) only when necessary. If it determines that Stage 1 is able to heat or cool at a rate of 5 degrees per hour or better, Stage 2 will not be used. If Stage 1 is unable to heat or cool at this rate, the thermostat will use Stage 2 as needed. Under these conditions, Stage 1 will run continuously and Stage 2 will cycle on and off as needed. In extremely cold conditions, the auxiliary heating will be used when Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 is not heating at a sufficient rate.
This adjusts the tendency of the HVAC to run the cooling system to refresh and dehumidify the air before the temperature rises to the desired cool settings.
The Omnistat2 Multistage Thermostat works with Leviton Security & Automation home control systems and other manufacturer's automation systems. There is an expansion port for wireless communication. This thermostat also comes Zigbee enabled so that it can be integrated into an existing Zigbee network and controlled by a Zigbee controller.
• Zigbee: Zigbee is a wireless communication protocol used among home automation devices which uses radio frequency for signaling and control. Products that are Zigbee enabled are capable of speaking with one-another and being controlled remotely from a Zigbee controller.
Supports one external temperature sensor for indoor or outdoor, sold separately. Please note that if an outdoor sensor has been set up, the outdoor temperature will recognized and displayed.
In 2012, HAI was acquired by Leviton, with the transitional name, “HAI by Leviton” applied. Mid 2013, “Leviton Security & Automation” was formalized.
The previous HAI part number for this product was RC-2000WHZB.
Manufacturer: Leviton Manufacturer Product No.: RT20Z-W (Formerly HAI Part # RC-2000WHZB) UPC: 872257007558 Wireless Protocol Zigbee Electrical Rating: Designed for 24 VAC heating and cooling systems; 2 A; 50/60 Hz Maximum Current: 2 A on any circuit, 3 A total Systems Supported:
- Single Stage Heat/Cool Conventional
- Two Stage Conventional (2 Stage Heat / 2 Stage Cool)
- Heat Pump (2 Stage Heat / 1 Stage Cool)
- Two Speed Heat Pump (3 Stage Heat / 2 Stage Cool)
- Dual Fuel Heat Pump
- Humidifier and Dehumidifier Control
Certifications: UL, FCC, CE, Energy Star compliant
- Single Stage Heat/Cool Conventional
- Omnistat2 Zigbee Multistage Thermostat
- Owner's manual
- Installation guide
- Installation template