How It Works
The ACP15 uses passive infrared (PIR) detection technology which senses heat and temperature differences to monitor a room for occupancy. A specialized Fresnel lens divides the field of view into sensor zones. After the switch has been manually turned ON, when a person moves within the sensor zone, the sensor detects motion and keeps the lights ON. The lights will remain ON as long as there is motion detected.
The unit will not turn the lights ON automatically when motion is detected. Lights can only be turned ON by manually pressing the push-button. The lights will remain ON as long as the unit detects activity in the sensor zones.
The ACP15 will shut the lights OFF automatically after the space becomes vacant and the delayed OFF time expires. Lights can also be turned OFF manually at any time by pushing the pushbutton. If motion is detected within 30 seconds after the lights have turned OFF (due to absence of motion), the lights will turn back ON. If 30 seconds expires when lights have turned OFF (due to absence of motion), the lights will then have to be turned ON manually.
Wiring this device in a 3-way application offers various different scenarios depending on the size or layout of your room. Areas that may require 3-way control are bathrooms, basements, garages, utility/laundry rooms, hallways, bedrooms, and kitchens. Your sensor may be located in an area that does not cover the entire
room, this could be depending on the way the switch is facing in the room, or the size of the room exceeds the sensors 900 sq ft coverage area. In either instance, a 3-way circuit can improve your range of coverage and control.
- Manual-ON/Automatic OFF operation in accordance with California Title 24 2005 requirements
- Low-Profile design eliminates an obtrusive "scanning device" look. Elegant Decora styling compliments any interior and coordinates with leviton's popular line of Decora wiring devices
- 180 degree field-of-view provides approximately 900 square feet of coverage suitable for bathrooms, basements, garages, utility rooms and a variety of other residential areas
- Convenient push-button provides Manual ON/OFF light switching at any time
- Segmented fresnel lens provides optimum sensitivity and performance. It is designed with an extensive "minor motion" area where even slight body movements will be detected
- Horizontal field of view may be adjusted between 180 and 32 degrees of arc by using internal blinders located on either side of the lens
- Four optional manual adjustments for delayed-OFF time settings maximize energy savings: 30 seconds (for walking test), 10 minutes, 20 minutes and 30 minutes
- LED Indicator Light flashes when sensor detects motion to verify detection is active
- Unit can be used for 120V lighting. Compatible with both electronic and magnetic ballasts or 1/2 HP loads
- Relay switches at zero crossing point of the AC power curve to ensure maximum contact life and compatibility with electronic ballasts
- Fits in standard wallbox, provides 3-Way operation when used with IPP15 Series Sensor or 120V Vizia Dimmer
- Requires a neutral (white) wire connection
- UL Listed and CSA Certified, complies with California Title 24 2005 Energy Code and FCC regulations
- Manual-On Occupancy Sensor Remote
- 15A 120VAC
- Provides 3-way occupancy detection when used with an IPP15 or Vizia Dimmer
- 180 Degree
- 900 Sq. Ft. Coverage
- Decora Passive Infrared Wall Switch- White
- California Title 24 2005 Compliant
Leave a Review