- What's Included
By using the Koubachi Indoor Wi-Fi Plant Sensor, you'll never again forget to water, fertilize or mist your plants! Connected to your Wi-Fi network, the sensor informs you in real-time when your plant needs to be taken care of so that you can react before it's too late. All your data, plants and settings are fully synchronized to the Koubachi Cloud and thus always up to date on all devices (iOS or Android)! Thanks to the unique Plant Care Engine (PCE), Koubachi is able to advise you about everything your plant needs: water, fertilizer, humidity, temperature and light! Koubachi not only tells you WHEN to care for your plants, but also gives you specific instructions HOW. Equipped with a best in class soil moisture sensor, the Koubachi Wi-Fi Plant Sensor provides unmatched accurate measurements. It works like your plants' roots - it measures the exact amount of water that is available to your plants.
• Water Control - Thanks to the highly accurate soil moisture sensor, you'll know exactly when to water your plants. As it monitors your plant over time, you even get recommendations on the ideal amount of water and overwatering alarms.
• Temperature Monitor - Our sensor constantly monitors ambient temperature to ensure your plants needs are met. You get advice on ideal conditions and receive alerts when it is truly too warm or too cold for your plants.
• Substrate independent accuracy - The Koubachi soil moisture sensor works in almost any soil, no matter if you use humus, clay-based, or sandy substrates. No additional calibration is needed.
• Reliable extreme measurements - Common moisture sensors only work in average conditions. The Wi-Fi Plant Sensor however measures very accurately even in extremely dry and wet conditions - where it matters most!
• Built-in Wi-Fi - No wires needed with the Koubachi Wi-Fi Plant Sensor! It features a built-in Wi-Fi module that is compatible with all protocols (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g). Communication between the sensor and the Koubachi servers is encrypted.
• Multi Plant - One sensor for all your plants! Put the sensor in one plant, give it a fortnight and Koubachi has learned all it needs to know to provide you with accurate advice. This way you will receive precise care instructions even for plants that currently don't have a sensor.
• Lifelong Free Cloud Service - The Koubachi Plant Care Engine diagnoses your plant's vitality based on our scientific plant care models and sends care instructions and alarms to your iPhone or e-mail inbox. Koubachi stores all your data securely in the cloud, for as long as you wish. And the best part: this service is absolutely free of charge!
Koubachi Application Download Links
• Secure Data Transmission - The Koubachi Wi-Fi Plant Sensor supports all major security algorithms for wireless networks like WEP and WPA. In addition, sensor data is AES-encrypted for transmission.
• Low Radiation Mode - To support your well-being in any case, the Koubachi Wi-Fi Plant Sensor only sends with low energy and during very short transmission intervals.
• Wireless Setup - No wires required, no need to push 100 buttons - the Wi-Fi Plant Sensor is set up in a few simple steps.
• Long-lasting Battery Life - It runs and runs and runs and runs... the Koubachi Wi-Fi Plant Sensor runs for over 1 year with only two standard AA batteries - thanks to the ultra-low power technology developed by Koubachi.
• Automatic Updates - The Koubachi Wi-Fi Plant Sensor is enabled for automatic software updates over the air. Updates are pushed down to the sensor over the wireless connection without your involvement.
• Data Graphs - While the Koubachi Plant Care Engine translates the sensor data into the most exact and detailed care advices, you can also access a graph with the detailed sensor data of the last days in the care interface.
• Plant-Saving Alarms - By means of the Wi-Fi Plant Sensor Koubachi knows exactly what your plants can tolerate and alarms you immediately when conditions are dangerous, for example if the temperature is too low when ventilating in winter. Wi-Fi Plant Sensor will get you highly accurate real-time advices including analysis of temperature and light conditions.
• Plant Cyclopedia - Find all popular indoor plants with additional information and HD-quality pictures. See the origin of your plant; get information about growth form, vegetation cycle, blossom time, details of the leaf morphology and much more.
• Tailored Care Plans - Unlike any other solution, Koubachi calculates in individual care plan for every single plant! Considering the species, your plant's water usage rate, light intensity and temperature, Koubachi provides you with accurate care instructions.
• Scientific Species Models - Koubachi uses plant care models that have been developed with leading biologists and scientifically proven in greenhouse experiments! For every species, Koubachi is able to determine the exact needs considering the current season and your climate zone.
• Self-Learning - Koubachi also listens - the Plant Care Engine is able to adapt to your actions! Whenever you take care outside Koubachi's recommendations, the system evaluates your action and adapts the individual care plan for your plants.
• Scientifically Proven - The plant care models used within the Koubachi PCE were developed by leading scientists at ETH Zurich and tested and verified in many experiments in greenhouses for over 18 months.
Specifications Manufacturer Koubachi Manufacturer Product No. K002 UPC 7629999016194 Sensors & Measuring Range
- Soil moisture (0 to 6000 mBar)
- Temperature (-20 °C to +50 °C)
- Light intensity (0 to 200 kLux)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g @ 2.4 GHz
- Very low power consumption
- AP/Ad-hoc mode
- Security protocols: WEP, WPA, WPA2
- AES encrypted server communication
- 2x 1.5 V batteries (AA)
- Average battery lifetime: > 1 year
- 60 mm x 110 mm x 170 mm
Weight 110 g (incl. batteries) Usage
- For indoor user only
- Maximal insertion force: 90 N (9 kg)
- Operating temperature: 0° C to 50° C
- Storage temperature: -10° C to 60° C
- RoHS conform
- Free of lead (Pb), PVC, arsenic and mercury
- Recyclable packaging
- CE Statement
- FCC Statement
- Koubachi iPhone and Android App
- Koubachi Web App (my.koubachi.com)
- Review of 69521 Review by TOBY
Review of 69521
I've had some stop working, this is the last I'll buy for outdoors after them breaking. they have some support in US now so you don't have to send back to Germany for repair which should be good if this one breaks.
Posted on 5/18/2014
- Review of 69521 Review by TOM
Review of 69521
Great idea, not quite ready for primetime.
Posted on 8/28/2013
- Review of 69521 Review by JOHN
Review of 69521
Good concept, poor implementation. Initially, the only thing I had against the sensor was the required internet connectivity; although the sensor monitors the moisture, light, and temperature continuously, to limit the power drain, if only powers up the wifi once per day, and just long enough to send it's information to the Koubachi website, which is where you have to get it; there's no way to have it cache a local copy. Also, the moisture sensor is a bit wonkey; it says the ground is moist during the day, and dry at nignt, but if you average the readings, you cas see how long it takes for the soil to dry. ANd for those two little glitches,I'd have given it 3 stars... EXCPEPT... the first sensor I got worked for 2 days, then shut down; spent a week sending emails back and forth to tech support before they decided the buton had died. Since it was still within the 30 day window, I sent it back to Smarthome for replacement. Replacement arrived, I put it out in the flowerbed, after 3 days, we had a rainstorm... and the replacement is now also dead; same symptoms. My suspicion: despite the claims to be rainproof, "outdoors" means outdoors under shelter, which makes it useless for the purpose I had envisioned (more precise watering by my computer controlled sprinkler system).
Posted on 6/11/2013
Leave a Review
- 1x - Koubachi K002 Outdoor Wi-Fi Plant Sensor
- 2x - 1.5V batteries (AA)
- 1x - Koubachi K002 Outdoor Wi-Fi Plant Sensor