- What's Included
The ISY994iZw is one of the most advanced INSTEON controllers on the market and has numerous features to satisfy the most advanced DIY'er or seasoned home control enthusiast. If you need unbridled control, the ISY994iZw is your controller.
This controller now features Z-Wave technology to automate home control products and provide easy remote operation of all your Z-Wave enabled devices. The Z-Wave product family includes a variety of devices ranging from lighting to home security systems to conveniently manage your home. This controller is one component of a Z-Wave control and is designed to work with all other Z-Wave enabled devices in a home automation network. It will also act as a wireless repeater to insure that commands intended for another device in the network are received, thereby extending the range of the wireless controller.
This module provides ISY support for Z-Wave in a way that integrates with other protocols running on the same ISY. Supported devices include:
• Lamp dimmers
• Appliance module (on/off)
• Schlage locks
• Kwikset locks
• Yale locks
The ISY994iZw supports up to 256 devices and scenes and a maximum of 300 programs. The ISY994iZw controller is able to configure and program INSTEON devices using INSTEON native protocols and specifications. This allows it to directly write to INSTEON devices internally instead of just in the controller, creating a more robust network. You can set up timer events and custom event triggers, as well as monitor and control all the INSTEON-compatible devices in your home from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Now you can check if the lights in your house were left on and remotely control them from your computer at the office.
For INSTEON control this device must be paired with an Insteon Dual-Band PLM Serial Interface (included). The PLM allows for direct communication with your existing INSTEON network from the ISY994iZwR controller. The PLM features built-in dual-band technology that sends and receives Insteon signals via powerline and radio frequency (RF), so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new Insteon installs if you have or plan to use an RF-only Insteon-compatible devices like a remote, thermostat, motion sensor or contact sensor.
- IR Control - Control all your Insteon/X10 devices with any infrared universal remote (RC5-compatible)
- Control other network-enabled devices using an optional Network Module (RS-232 devices can be controlled using an ELK IP232 or Global Cache GC-100 and more)
- Non IR models can be field upgraded to IR platform
Extends the capabilities of the ISY99i Series
- An expansion slot which could be utilized to install and support other protocols such as a Zigbee
- Increased code memory to support additional communications drivers
- Native support for Open ADR out of the box
The ISY994iZw does not require a power supply when used with a PLM (included) which supplies power via the RJ-45 port. ISY994iZw does provide a port for an optional AC adapter for instances where the PLM does not supply power, or the user prefers to supply power independent of the PLM (for example, PLM model #2413S).
Using any Java-enabled web browser, the ISY994iZwR gives you the ability to control, monitor and configure all INSTEON-compatible devices from any web-browser anywhere in the world. Best of all, no software is needed to gain access to your Insteon network. Simply bring up a browser and type in the URL of your Home Automation Controller.
Native iPhone/iPad Apps for Use with ISY-99i Now Available
- MobiLinc - Control all of your lights, thermostats, devices, programs, and irrigation system while on vacation or away from home. With MobiLinc and the many INSTEON and Z-Wave devices available, home automation from the palm of your hand has never been easier.
MobiLinc works with any ISY-99x series central controller (requiring the PowerLinc Modem).
• Securely access your ISY anywhere with MobiLinc Connect cloud service. No complex networking required. It just works.
• Supports Geo-fencing for true home automation when leaving or arriving home.
• Supports Push Notifications to be instantly notified about INSTEON/Z-Wave changes you are interested in on all your iOS devices.
• Voice Control plug-in controls your ISY with the power of voice from your iOS devices.
• IP Camera plug-in supports live streaming from thousands of IP cameras and DVRs to your iOS devices.
• ELK Support for home security integration on your iOS devices.
• Supports Energy Monitors to display real-time energy consumption.
• Custom Dashboard for all your favorite devices, scenes, and programs.
• Supports a virtual unlimited number of ISY-99x controllers.
• Customize your devices, scenes, and programs with icons and custom names.
See www.mobilinc.com for more information.
Available through the App store:
MobiLinc HD ($49.99)
Also Available for Andriod:
MobiLinc Pro ($19.99)
- eK ISY - eKeypad ISY is a mobile application that allows your iPhone to control aspects of your ISY-99. This includes all INSTEON devices supported by the ISY. Additionally, eK ISY supports as many Insteon devices as can be configured on the ISY.
Additional Features for the ISY994iZw
Remotely accessible from anywhere in the world and on any platform
- Monitor, control, and configure your system remotely
- Secure Web Server with certificate management (up to 2048 bits)
- Automatically create port forwarding rules on your UPnP enabled router
- Browser-based Java Applet or Java Web Start Application
- Support for Windows, MAC, and Linux
Field Upgradeable/Auto Upgrade
- Many new features added regularly via firmware updates
- Admin Console automatically notifies you of official firmware updates
- Standard ISY994iZw is field upgradeable to ISY994iZwPRO/IR to support additional devices/scenes
Realtime clock on board
- Supports Daylight Saving
- Supports automatic sync with internet time sources (NTP)
- Automatically calculation of Sunrise/Sunset times based on location
- For easiy monitoring, control and management Devices can be linked to the ISY using thier Insteon address or by pressing their SET buttons. Once linked to the ISY, devices can be monitored, controlled and managed through the ISY's built-in web server and Java-based Administrative Console
- 3rd party products are available to monitor and control your home from your iPhone, PC, Nokia touch panel, and more!
- If you already have devices installed and programmed, the ISY can crawl your existing Insteon network to automatically link discovered devices
- Replace Device: seamlessly replace a defective device with a new one
- Replace Modem: seamlessly replace a defective modem (PLM) with a new one
- Restore Devices: simply restore your device to its correct settings if it is factory reset or has somehow lost its programming
- Create folders/sub-folders to help organize your devices and scenes
- Support for majority of Insteon products
- Supports up to 256 devices/scenes
- Use simple drag/drop to easily create scenes containing multiple devices
- Create controller/responder relationships between all devices within the scene
- Easily change scene attributes for each and every one of the devices within the scene
- Once programmed, scenes operate completely independent of the ISY for the quickest response time and most reliable operation
Programs, Schedules, and Variables
- Programs are easily created by simple mouse point and click
- Create complex schedules using precise time, from/to, days, sunrise/sunset times, offsets, etc.
- Create complex triggers based on the combination of schedules, any event (e.g. key press), and many other triggers
- Use Variables to control the flow of programs
- Complete support for Wait and Repeat constructs including Random values
- Custom and user defined email and SMS Notifications to custom user groups
- Built-in X10 support includes the use of programs to control your X10 devices using IR, schedules, or events from other Insteon/X10 devices
- Optional X10/A10 Module features enhanced X10 capabilities, including support for X10 devices in the device tree
- Free REST, Web Services, and Java SDK for easy integration with 3rd party hardware and software - or development of your own
- Discounts on products and modules for eligible developers
- IR Control - Control all your Insteon/X10 devices with any infrared universal remote (RC5-compatible)
For detailed Specifications, please refer to the following product pages for the individual components of this kit:
- Not intuitive software and difficult to program...and is not reliable. Review by Big Bird
Not intuitive software and difficult to program...and is not reliable.
I have been an Insteon user from the beginning. I have set up 2 houses, each with over 60 devices of all types. I finally got an ISY since it has more versatility than the Hub. After spending some 10-12 hours with the ISY software I have given up. The UI is simply not intuitive and the manuals are incomplete. There are different help files that you must find in order to set up various things, and unless you are familiar with the software there is a steep learning curve...and this is from a person who definitely knows Insteon, For example, to make a set of medium/dim buttons you have to go into a menu that advises you not to use it, and then discover a pretty much undocumented way to make one button off when you turn the other on. I diligently read the manuals, but this feature simply didn't work reliably. I started out by resetting every device I had and started fresh so there were no previous links, etc. Also, the PLM doesn't seem as robust as the Hub. I have had no noise or difficult communications with the Hub, but the PLM had intermittent difficult writing to a device that it wrote to a few minutes before. Overall, I think that the software is the Achilles heal of the ISY. It has the promise of a versatile and robust system, but it just wouldn't work reliably for me and unless you really need something it will do and the Hub won't, the Hub is much easier and reliable. I used to design software, and when I look at the UI of this it feels like the programmers just didn't do a good job of designing it for ease of use.
I'm returning the ISY & PLM.
Posted on 9/27/2016
- ISY is very very powerful and reliable, not necessarily easy Review by d4nimal
ISY is very very powerful and reliable, not necessarily easy
Other reviewer's comment--that the UI is terrible (uses Java) is right-on. That said, this device is extremely powerful and if you want to get under the hood of your home automation, this is the thing you need. I've been a huge fan for five years of the ISY, and that was after years of resisting a friend's urging to get one to solve a slew of one-off problems I had had. With the ISY, I NEVER find myself saying "I wish I could do that." It does everything. Turn on Sonos music from a keypad? Check. Have the house run a complex and variable set of lights when on vacation? Check. Turn off all automation with a single button to avoid scaring someone new to the house? Check. Take actions in response to doors opening, motion, alarm arm/disarm? Check. None of these things was built-in, but all were doable with the ISY--and with other products, you have no option.
Posted on 9/8/2015
- Good Product Review by PCRover
Nice reliable controller with easy to use software. Once you get the hang of the programming it is a breeze. It is lacking in the stock web interface, but it does the job. The iPhone app is great but the Android version lacks some features. I couldn't deal with my Vera-3 any longer and decided to try this controller and I am happy I did. Good by Vera you will not be missed.
Posted on 9/5/2015
- Interesting, but needs some work Review by ronk127
Interesting, but needs some work
First off I would like to say that this device is NOT intuitive, and I have struggled to get it to work smoothly for over a day now. I am a software engineer, so I do have experience in the field of interfaces, functionality, etc..
While it does work, getting it to that point is a bit of a chore, and even with a $350 device, I find myself still having to link insteon devices the old fashioned way to get the desired functionality (or you can use Houselinc).
The software that is used for this is TERRIBLE. Not intuitive, creates unneeded complexity in what should be simple procedures, often crashes (busy loops, can't exit, can't figure out why things won't work, then reboot, and will work for 15 more minutes), and least of all it looks like a high schooler wrote the UI. Seriously guys, for $350, invest in a UI designer and think about some typical Use cases to help design the look, flow, and professional feel of your software.
Apart from the endless frustrations though, I will say it does work. I am just finding myself dreading having to open the software up every time.
Posted on 4/11/2015
Leave a Review
- 1x - ISY994iZw Insteon/Z-Wave Home Automation Controller
- 2x - 3 Foot Ethernet Cable (RJ-45)
- 1x - Power Supply
- 1x - PowerLinc Modem - Insteon Serial Interface (Dual-Band)
- 1x - DB-9 Serial Cable - for connecting to a computer