- What's Included
General Product Name: Insteon Thermostat Brand / Manufacturer: Insteon Manufacturer Product No.: 2441TH UPC: 813922010824 Insteon Insteon Powerline Mesh Repeater: No Insteon RF mesh repeater: Yes Insteon controller: Yes Insteon responder: Yes Maximum links/scenes: 400 LED: Red when Heating is active, green when Cooling is active, Off when when neither mode is active, blinks red or green during setup LED Brightness: LED can be enabled or disabled locally or via software Local Control: Yes Commands Supported as Controller: On Off Commands Supported as Responder: On Off Beep Software configurable: Yes RF Range: Up to 50 meters open air Phase Bridge Detect Beacon: No, RF only device Mechanical Mounting: Wall mount Wire Connections: Common 24V
Screw Clamp Connections: Yes, 10 position Case Color: White Set Button: 1 Plastic: UV stabilized ABS Beeper: Yes Beep on Button Press: Optional (off by default) LED: 1 dual-color red/green Dimensions: 5.7"x 3.6"x 1.1"(14.5cm x 9.1 cm x 2.8cm) Operating Environment: Indoors Operating Temperature Range: 39° to 104°F (4°to 40°C) Operating Humidity Range: 0-90% relative humidity Storage Temperature Range: -4° to 158°F (-20°to 70°C) Electrical Voltage: 24VAC (supplied by furnace or air handler) Frequency: 50/60Hz Retains All Settings Without Power: Yes, saved in non-volatile EEPROM Certifications: FCC, IC Canada, EN International Standby power consumption: < 1 watt FCC ID: SBP2441T
- Convenient Review by jmight
I found I was able to program these units to lock out the face buttons, basically removed the A/C vs Heat wars going on in the office. Great feature.
Posted on 4/22/2016
- Not all option available on app Review by Salar
Not all option available on app
Good piece of equipment but needs some improvements.
- It's hard to read the LCD from angle compare to the old digital ones.
- All options are not available in app and most of the settings need to be done on Thermostat - Like day Modes, Time and Day setting (Which is a default features in all WiFi thermostats)
Posted on 3/23/2016
- Beware This Thermostat In Some Situations Review by Kevin
Beware This Thermostat In Some Situations
This thermostat is apparently susceptible to voltage regulations issues, e.g., if the furnace control board provides more or less than the specified 24 volts AC, this unit will not work reliably. The unit completely froze (would not accept any button inputs, even factory reset) with the heat off and there was no way to turn on the heat without replacing the thermostat. it also has the screen go blank when the heat comes on, to return the display and the backlight a few minutes later. My original Honeywell programmable thermostats had no such issues.
Posted on 2/10/2016
- Works but not quite as resposive as I'd like. Review by XrXca
Works but not quite as resposive as I'd like.
When I installed it it kept losing power, turns out that was some bad solder connections on the furnace fan control board, after replacing that everything is working fine.
It seems to have a wider range for cut in/out than the old one, so I see peaks and valleys on a temperature graph that weren't there before, although I do wonder if going back to Fahrenheit from Celsius would help a bit.
I do have to say that the "Need 5 Wires" mantra is only applicable IF you are using both Heating and Cooling, with just one or the other (usually Heating) you can just drop the other connection from the equation, and four wires is all you need.
And I'd second the complaint about needing to press a button to turn on the back light, and that changing the settings rather than ignoring the first button press.
Posted on 1/6/2016
- Mandatory accessory warning! Review by macsrwe
Mandatory accessory warning!
Before you buy this thermostat, check the wiring to your current thermostat. If it has four wires (most older homes do), you WILL need to add the Venstar Add-a-Wire unit to your order, or you will not be able to install it. Once you have all the needed equipment on hand, installation goes smoothly.
Posted on 12/22/2015
- Works well with Universal Devices ISY994 Review by John
Works well with Universal Devices ISY994
The information indicates this works with the Insteon Hub, but I use the Universal Devices ISy994. This thermostat is supported by ISY and works very well!
Posted on 11/17/2015
- Half the price of a Nest Review by serg
Half the price of a Nest
This might not have the bells and whistles that the Nest touts but for half the price I get to remotely control my thermostat. I've heard that most Nest users end up not liking Nest's inability to learn. I should clarify that while the Insteon thermostat is $149 (vs Nest at $249), you do need an Insteon hub ($39 at the time I write this). That's still less than the Nest AND I can add Insteon wall switches and outlets to remotely control other lights and appliances around the house.
Posted on 4/7/2015
- Wonderful device Review by George the architect
George the architect
I have installed these thermostats in two of my homes and I can monitor and adjust the temperature and monitor the humidity from my I phone anywhere in the world. If you gave a five wire system great. If not use the add a wire adapter to make a four wire system compatible. Also works great as a programmable thermostat for two day plus five day or seven day programmable options.
Posted on 3/28/2015
- Review 24441Th Review by Mark
Have installed a number of these units both using 5 wire and 4 wire (using add a wire) and all have worked as advertised. Some units need to be calibrated but most are very close. I use universal devices to control and really appreciate the humidity readout here in Michigan.
Posted on 3/8/2015
- Works well; but make sure you have 5+ wires to your thermostat Review by Luke
Works well; but make sure you have 5+ wires to your thermostat
- Looks nice
- Temperature and humidity readings are accurate (I cross-checked it with some other sensors)
- Clear labeling to make install easy
- Requires 5 wires to your HVAC system (need to run new wire or get an adapter to make it work)
- Doesn't have a good way to turn on the backlight. It comes on when you press a button on the thermostat (such as the temperature up button) but that means you have to increase the temperature to get the backlight on. I believe newer ones have fixed this by making the set button accessible without opening the cover.
Posted on 2/25/2015
Leave a Review
Smarthome How-to Guides:
• Easy Setup with Dimmer Switch
• Easy Setup with On/Off Switch
• Easy Setup with 6-Button Dimmer Keypad
• Easy Setup with 8-Button Dimmer Keypad
• Easy Setup with 6-Button On/Off Keypad
• Easy Setup with 1-Scene Mini Remote
• Easy Setup with 4-Scene Mini Remote
• Easy Setup with 8-Scene Mini Remote
• Easy Setup with High Wattage Dimmer Switch
• Easy Setup with 2-Wire Dimmer Switch
• Easy Setup with Dimmer Toggle Switch
• Easy Setup with On/Off Toggle Switch
• Quick Start Guide
• Owner's Manual
• 1x - Insteon Thermostat
• 2x - Mounting screws
• 2x - Anchors
• 1x - Quick Start Guide