- What's Included
Backyard BBQ'ers rejoice. Your cooking thermometer is one of many important tools for any serious outdoor griller or barbequer. Anyone grilling or smoking a Boston butt, tri tip, or brisket knows a thermometer is the only sure way to know meat is cooked and ready. However, constantly opening and closing your grill to check on the status of your food extends the cooking time and may not cook evenly, but with iDevices' IKT002 Bluetooth Kitchen Thermometer, you can keep an "eye" on your food while also having the time to multi-task and get other chores finished or simply sit down and watch some TV.
This thermometer consists of two temperature probes, a base unit, and a free app that monitors real-time cooking time and temperature so you don't have to constantly stand next to the grill to check on your food. This thermometer displays real-time Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature readings on its large green viewing display. To record food temperature, simply press the power button on the face, and you'll see a three-character digital temperature screen with two green dots below, the left dot indicating the left-connected probe, and the right dot indicating the same for the right probe. The left and right arrow buttons lets you switch the display between the left and right probes. One of the probes has a blue rubber grip, while the other one has a green grip, and both have detachable plastic cable managers that should be removed before use in high-temperature cooking situations. The thermometer's rubber ring base reduces sliding on flat surfaces, or it can be mounted using a metal, coin-sized magnet, or 3M adhesive strip.
However, unlike traditional food thermometers, this thermometer connects to your iOS or Android (4.3 and higher) Bluetooth device so you can monitor your foods progress up to 30 feet away from the thermometer via the iDevices Connected ® app. Once the thermometer and smart device are paired, the app updates automatically to provide you real-time, up-to-date information on your food's cooking temperature. The app shows you output from the dual probes (if connected), and graphs temperature changes over time. In addition to knowing how hot your food is, you can also individually name each probe to match whatever it is connected to along with setting its color indicator, customizable peak temperature alarms and timers based on the type of food, and your preferred level of cooking doneness. If you need some cooking suggestions, the app also provides a "globe" to see other thermometer users around the world, including photos of whatever they're cooking, and cooking recipe collections from Jennie-O Turkey, Omaha Steaks, and more.
- • Multi-Tasking Chef: Multitask in the kitchen and do other things around the house while staying connected through wireless Bluetooth technology and 200-hour battery life.
- • Dual Probes: Whether you're cooking two pieces of meat of a whole turkey, having two temperature probes gives you the flexibility to create meals like a master chef.
- • Illuminated Display: Doing a quick check of your current food temperature is easy with the illuminated display while in your kitchen.
- • Connected App: Through the iDevice® Connected app, you can use preset or custom temperature alarms that alert you when your food is ready. You can look up new recipes and even share your own masterpiece.
- • Cooking Presets: Select from dozens of presets from beef and pork to chicken and fish or create your own custom presets for those dishes that only you know the right temperature for.
- • Recipes: From dinner inspiration to tricks to spruce up your existing meals, our recipe section has some great, healthy options from leading partners.
- • Social: Take a picture of your cooking masterpiece and share to Facebook and Twitter with your iDevices Connected app. Your photo will also be shared on the iDevices Globe!
- • Timers: Set your own timer to count up or down as you cook. Whether it's for a side dish or timing how long your meat needs to rest, create multiple timers and label them to keep track.
Specifications Manufacturer iDevices Manufacturer Product No. IKT0002 UPC 852931005018 Bluetooth 4.0 LE Device Compatibility iPad (mini, 3rd and 4th generation)
iPhone (4S and later)
iPod Touch (5th generation)
Android 4.3 and higher
Acceptable Temperature Range -22°F to 572°F (-30°C to 300°C) Proximity Sensor Sleep: 30 feet away
Wake: 5 feet away
Manufacturer Warranty 1-year limited warranty
- 1x - Kitchen Thermometer Device
- 2x - AA Batteries
- 2x - Meat Probes
- 2x - Colored Probe Indicators
- 2x - Probe Wraps
- 1x - Magnetic Disc
- 1x - Instruction Manual
- 1x - Quick Start Guide