- What's Included
A2Z-Link is a web-managed ASCII (or JSON) to Z-Wave Controller. It is designed to provide Z-Wave product support for other systems that are not Z-Wave compatible. A Z-Wave system can be very complex as it comprises many command classes that are used to control specific devices. The A2Z-Link uses simple "ASCII" or text commands to control Z-Wave devices and gather their status. The device supports 2-way communication, so status may also be maintained. The unit supports either simple text commands, or more robust JSON for communications, and converts those to Z-Wave broadcasts. Either or both protocols may be used.
Commands are sent over a TCP connection. The connection may remain open, or it may be opened and closed as needed. The A2Z-Link abstracts Z-Wave devices so there is no need to understand the intricacy of the Z-Wave protocol. When devices are added, the A2Z-Link creates virtual devices that represent the functionality of the target device. Devices are controllable by setting their value or label. Each device holds a collection of name/value pairs that represent the available control points.
Additional Features• Supports Replication (send and receive)
• Supports associations for instant status
• Supports polling for device status for nodes that do not support associations
• Includes "Add" and "Remove" functions for Z-Wave nodes
• Provides detailed information for all Z-Wave nodes, including node capabilities, firmware version, etc.
• Supports firmware update class for supported devices
• Provides full 2-Way control of devices with instant status report
• Includes diagnostics for connectivity and network healing
• Includes device management web interface for full device control, testing, configuration, scene management, etc.
Other technologies• A2Z-Link can also be used to provide integration with these technologies:
• UPB (Universal Powerline Bus)
• Philips Hue
• Any other system supported by the HomeSeer control software
Why HomeSeer?HomeSeer was the first control system company to support Z-Wave back in 2003. Today, our software is the culmination of more than a decade's worth of Z-Wave engineering experience. We work very hard to support new Z-Wave command classes and products, as they are released; this is a primary focus for us. Our Z-Wave inclusion feature employs a robust 'interrogation' process that's designed to uncover and provide support for all aspects of a product's feature set, including special parameter settings. This allows installers to adjust devices in many ways. Diagnostics features are also included to provide connectivity testing and network healing functions.
Brand HomeSeer Manufacturer Product Number A2ZLINK UPC 610585164341 CPU Quad-core 960 MHz RAM 1 GB Storage 8 GB MicroSD USB Ports 4 LAN Ports 1 HDMI Ports 1 Linux Based Yes Z-Wave Yes, Internal 500 Series Z-Wave Module Power AC Power Adapter - c(UL)us approved, 100-240v, 50/60Hz in, 5V 1A out Power Usage 3 Watts Unit Dimensions 4.4" x 3.8" 1" (113mm x 97mm x 27mm)
- • Online Support
• 1x - HomeSeer A2ZLINK ASCII Z-Wave Module
• 1x - HomeSeer Z-Wave Software Plug-in
• 1x - AC Power Adapter with Micro USB Cable
• 1x - Ethernet Cable
• 1x - Rubber Feet
• 1x - Documentation