HOME CONTROL SOLUTIONS WITH INSTEON®
Home control is not just affordable and easy to implement, but has now become a necessity to help reduce energy costs. From lightingand appliance control to security and heating and cooling (HVAC) automation, our INSTEON technology allows you to create your ownperfect smart home.BENEFITS OF A SMART HOME INCLUDE:
- Scene and remote control lighting
- Appliance management
- Automate home audio/video or other IR-controlled devices
- Use occupancy, water, humidity, and temperature sensors for automation of lights or for emergency notification (phone call, flash lights, e-mail, etc.)
- Remote control over locks for doors and/or gates
- Heating and cooling (HVAC) control and management
- Integrate with security alarm systems and sensors
- Energy savings through efficient control and management of your home
HOW IT WORKS
NO NEED TO REWIRE YOUR HOUSE
Using radio frequency and existing electrical lines, INSTEON lets you automate without having to rewire your home.
A Wireless RF remote sends signals to a plug-in Access Point which then sends signals along your homes existing power lines. These signals are received by INSTEON-compatible receivers that can be located in the same room or the other side of your home. Each receiver will report their status, letting you know that the signal was received.
GOING THE DISTANCE
In most homes, the electrical circuits are seperated into two main groups, called "phases". In addition to being a receiver for wireless commands from handheld and other wireless controllers, Access Points can also act as bridges across different phases.
Here we have a wired device whose signal is sent out and received by an Access Point, wirelessly relayed across phases to another Access Point and then sent on to wired receivers.
HOW YOU CAN USE IT IN YOUR HOME
Below is a list for some of the most common (and popular) ways to start automating your home. Click on one to find out more.