- What's Included
Home Control Assistant (HCA) is a Windows based home automation program that works with a variety of automation interfaces to control lights, appliances, irrigation, and more. With HCA's Programming, Scheduling, Checkbox control, and Power Track, you can easily save money, reduce electrical usage, conserve water and improve safety by automating your home.
The Home Control Assistant runs on any computer that uses post-XP Windows including Windows 10. It works with automation interfaces to control lights and appliances in your home using X10, INSTEON, Wireless and IR technology.
HCA can be installed in a home with existing automation hardware. HCA includes a powerful Designer that makes it simple to add existing automation gear. A new automation solution is easy to create using the Designer or the built-in Wizards for creating a new file, adding devices, creating new schedules, and new programs. Once you have defined all the hardware, adding schedules and programs is simple using the Visual Tools provided.
• Multiple Schedules created by a visual scheduling tool
• Unlimited # of programs to respond to events. Constructed in a graphical manner from over 60 different actions
• Extensive logging facilities to capture all dynamic aspects of your design
• Integrate with other applications: security, power management, and cameras using HTML views
• Send email and SMS messages as part of a program action
• Create and view INSTEON scenes in a graphical manner and remotely program them into INSTEON devices
• Bridge power line technologies by using multiple power line interfaces simultaneously
• Create bridge maps to automatically translate between different interface commands
• Integrates weather data from web based or weather station sources
• Powerful "whole house modes" and "checkbox control" for quick power saving programming
• Background design checker quickly locates design problems
• Configurable Alert Mechanism for handling exceptional conditions
• Many tools for creating, viewing, modifying, and documenting the design
• HCA is well documented in an extensive User Guide
• Email based technical support
Product Comparison Chart - Standard vs. Plus
Please note that when using HCA for control of INSTEON home automation devices, a PowerLinc modem is required, available with a USB Interface (SKU 2413U) or Serial Interface (SKU 2413S), each sold separately.
Specifications Manufacturer Home Control Assistant Manufacturer Product No. HCASTD13 Compatibility Compatible with X10, INSTEON, UPB, Wireless and IR OS Windows Vista, Win 7, Win 8.x, Win 10
• Owner's Manual
• Quick Start Guide
- • 1x - Home Control Assistant HCA 13 Standard Software Disc