- What's Included
- Take all parts of the Garage Butler out of the box. You will need a small Phillips and Flathead screwdriver and either a pair of scissors or a wire-stripper.
- Peel off the two pieces of double-sided tape from the back and stick the Butler on the wall where you would like it. Since the wire that attaches to your existing button is only about 3 feet long or so, we suggest that you place the Butler on the wall either above or to the left or right of your existing button.
Connect the 3-wire fitting into the module connector on the top of the Butler.
- Take the Z bracket and place some tape on one end of the bracket and take the loose contact and place it on the other end of the bracket. Note: Before placing Z and L brackets in desired location make sure surface is clean of dirt/grease.
- Take the L bracket and place some tape on the inside of the bracket (this will be stuck to the track of the garage door). Take the longest wire and roll it out along the bottom or top of the length of the garage.
- The Z bracket will need to be stuck on the door of the garage approximately 1 foot to 1 1/2 feet from the floor. If needed (or desired) the Z and L brackets CAN be placed high above the floor or even at the top of the track. At that point it would be actually by the roof. The lower the contacts are the less chance you will have of any pieces of the garage door hitting the L bracket as the door goes up.
- The L bracket will need to be stuck on the TRACK of the garage door so it meets up with the Z bracket. (You might want to do some measuring before you peel the tape off of the brackets so you can align them up so that when they are both stuck on the door and the track that they meet up ALMOST touching or approximately 1/8 inch away from each other. Any more than 1/8 of an inch or so and the contact may not work. The brackets are alloy and can be bent into place.
- Take the ties that the wires were wrapped up with and firmly secure the wire to the L alloy bracket so that the wire stays secured to the bracket.
- Measure how much of the shortest wire you want to use that will be connected to your existing button opener. Make sure you have the shortest and correct wire, and then cut the wire. Peel the end of the wire apart about an inch and a half, then peel off the plastic covering about one half of an inch from the ends and twist the copper wires together, then make an arch or curve the wires so that they will easily attach under the screws.
- Take off the face plate of your existing button opener. When connect the wires to the existing opener button put the Garage Butler wires ON TOP of the existing wires that were already there. Twist the wires on top of the existing ones and screw it on tight. It does NOT matter which wire of the Garage Butler goes to which contact, it will work either way.
- Replace the cover of the button back on the wall. You will have the Garage Butler wire sticking out. If you want a really clean installation then you would need to run the wire through the wall. Most people simply leave the wire on the outside of the wall to make the installation simple.
- Plug the Garage Butler into an outlet.
- Tie up the extra slack from the power and contact wires so that they will not get tangled up in anything.
- Test your new Butler: Close your garage door and then turn the power switch to the ON position. Turn the timer to the 3 minute setting. Open up your garage door with either your new red opener button OR your original opener button. Wait approx. 3 minutes. The Butler will beep for 30 seconds and then begin to close the garage door. The beeping will stop once the garage door is closed and or the contacts.
Specifications Manufacturer Garage Butler Manufacturer Product No. GB201 UPC 094922136534 Dimensions L 9in x W 9in x H 2in Weight 2 lbs Timer Options 3, 10, 20, 30, 45 and 60 minutes
Leave a Review
- 1x - Garage Butler Module
- 2x - Mounting Brackets
- 1x - Wiring harness with wired magnetic contact, door switch wire and UL approved power supply
- 1x - Un-wired magnetic contact
- 1x - Double sided mounting tape, no drilling required
- 1x - Installation and Operation Manual
- 1x - Security warning sticker