IR Cameras and Motion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Autonow
Average Member

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  07:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Autonow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have experience with Motion sensors (PIR) and IR lighting for CCTV? Have you had interference with the two? I need to increase my IR lighting for my cameras BUT the area is also monitored by a PIR motion sensor. I do not want the sensor going off when the IR lights come on. any experiences you can share?

stusviews

USA
10871 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  08:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've added external IR lighting to several cameras to provide a brighter and clearer image at night. No difficulties sensing motion at all.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics fun and learning.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

CPTCAM-Ben
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  10:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CPTCAM-Ben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That 2 different module, you can just add the extra IR , it won't affect the PIR sensor.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Starting Member

Malaysia
1 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  7:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm angel and I'm a student. Can anybody explain me about difference between IR sensors and motion detectors? I really need this for my assignment..Thank you so much.

Angel :)
Go to Top of Page

alexadam1212
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  12:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wanna install an ip security camera with ir function in my garage,is it ok? thanks in advance!

Edited by - alexadam1212 on 01/08/2014 12:55:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
2374 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  06:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an IP camera in my garage. It has motion detection, as well as night vision. Both are based upon IR sensors and emitters. No problems so far.

What concerns do you have?
Go to Top of Page

OmarClark
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  7:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IR sensors are used to measure infrared light coming from object. These are mainly used in motion detectors. Burglar alarm system uses motion detector for detecting movement of person. If the radiation is above the threshold then, it triggers an alarm.
Go to Top of Page

alexadam1212
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  11:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oberkc

I have an IP camera in my garage. It has motion detection, as well as night vision. Both are based upon IR sensors and emitters. No problems so far.

What concerns do you have?

i just wondering the definition in the dark environment!
Go to Top of Page

FrancescoIgnagn
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2014 :  10:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrancescoIgnagn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel

Hi I'm angel and I'm a student. Can anybody explain me about difference between IR sensors and motion detectors? I really need this for my assignment..Thank you so much.

PIR sensor is used for measuring infrared radiations lights and on the other side IR CCTV cameras produce color images on day and night. The Quality of watching picture is depending upon the amount of IR light in the Camera.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10871 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  10:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FrancescoIgnagn

quote:

PIR sensor is used for measuring infrared radiations lights and on the other side IR CCTV cameras produce color images on day and night. The Quality of watching picture is depending upon the amount of IR light in the Camera.

Although it's probably too late for an assignment, that's not the difference between the two.

There is actually no difference other than the stated purpose. Both use infra-red (heat) or ultrasonic (sound) sensors to detect the presence of a (usually animate) body moving relative to the stationary sensor and both types of sensors require having a responding device. (There are also, less often encountered, microwave and radio wave sensors.)

Occupancy sensors, most commonly, are located indoors and control lighting. Motion sensors are used as both an indoor and outdoor alert devices, as well as lighting, but usually for a shorter duration than an occupancy sensor.

But, that's entirely different than infra-red lighting, such as the kind that digital cameras use to photograph in the dark

Go to Top of Page

Katrina
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  12:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have added some external IR lighting to the cameras, and now they provide a brighter image at night.
Go to Top of Page

amillenblake
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  11:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Autonow

Does anyone have experience with Motion sensors (PIR) and IR lighting for CCTV? Have you had interference with the two? I need to increase my IR lighting for my cameras BUT the area is also monitored by a PIR motion sensor. I do not want the sensor going off when the IR lights come on. any experiences you can share?

Read this out . Here is the working of PIR.
http://irilluminators.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/working-of-passive-infrared-sensor/
Go to Top of Page

elibrown80
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  12:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

IR sensors can detect the heat level of the surroundings. Motion detectors detects moving objects.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10871 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  09:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most motion sensors use passive infrared (PIR) sensors, that is, they detect motion by changes in heat.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page