New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BetaDave
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  9:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a system that was working just fine. Today the switches started to synchronize turning off and on all the stations simultaneously. I did not change things. I can control the lights individually from the smartlinc program but Houselinc says the devices are not responding. What do I do to stop the triggering of all switches by any of my switches. The house lights up completely or darkens completely when I use the wall switches.

BetaDave

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8280 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  07:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you created an all-on or all-off scene and forgot to uncheck 'controller'.

The 'not responding' answer is different depending on which interface you are using and whether or not you have successfully done the quad-tap test to confirm two dual-band devices are installed, one on each of the two opposite legs of your electric service. Which two dual-band units are you using? Can you tell us the PLM model number?

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

BetaDave
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using the 2413UH controller. All insteon controllers are those that came with a fresh startup package so it is the latest. They are 2477D, 2476S, 2486DWH6, 2412N (one of these, it acts the same.), 2441D, 2457D. I just updated Houselinc with the new version and now the switches are responding. The total house turn on and off is still happening so I will see if I inadvertently set up a scene to do that. There is no problem with the two branches of the house being reached by the siganls. It even gets to the garage where one of the switches does what the others do. It puzzles me that software control does not have the problem but the switches do.

BetaDave
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8280 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  2:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "now the switches are responding" answer suggests there may be a problem coupling the two legs of your electric system. Other 220 volt appliances in your house may be providing intermittent coupling, so be sure you run and pass the quad-tap coupling test as is outlined in the dual-band manuals. After you confirm that, you can run a test overnight using Tools...Advanced...Signalling Diagnostics to confirm signals are getting through consistently.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

BetaDave
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  7:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I preformed the four tap test and things went properly. I went back into HouseLinc and saw that the devices I had problems with had all become linked. I had not done this but there it was. I did a delete on the extra links and got things back to normal. It would appear there is a poltergeist or some kind of software spook at work. Anyway, back to normal. Devices responding and no unprogramed links. Thanks for the input. I think I will run the advanced diagnostics to see what it shows me but I think there was a software thing, perhaps Skynet has emerged?

BetaDave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page