Posted - 09/08/2011 : 3:31:29 PM
| Can someone please help me... I am so confused as to how to solve my phone lines issues.
Here's the setup:
• 2 lines coming into the house.
• They use Cat-5 wiring.
• The lines are separated by floors (line 1 (b/w- w/b) is the upstairs, line 2 (o/w-w/o) is downstairs).
• My former contractor used electrical caps to join outside/inside wires for both lines. This setup looks like Selena from MIB II.
• My downstairs line has suddenly stopped working. No dial-tone when you pick up the line. Yet people can sometimes call through, but when phone rings through only static on the line.
• I have checked the phones to make sure they work properly on the upstairs line. The phones work.
• I have checked the lines coming into the house through the NID. They work.
I am thinking its the octopus "Ursala" my former contractor left hanging from the downstair's ceiling.
I want to install some kind of block/box between the lines coming from the NID to the 2 separate lines (with multiple extensions) within the household.
Do I get a Wiring Block or a Terminal Block (2-line 305 Terminal Block) or a junction box? And really are there differences????
I have got my head spinning on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I thank any and all in advance.
Blockhead in WI