Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjtyson
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  2:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
I am going through an Insteon character building experience. My setup is as follows:
ISY99i/IR
2413s
Appliance Linc
Access Point
Imac I5 running 10.6.5
I need to confirm whether the ISY or the 2413s is failing.
If I attempt to add my Appliance linc to the network by hitting "Start Linking" the PLM makes a beep and starts flashing a green light. Nothing pops up in the ISY Admin Console and the module does not get linked. A check in Diagnostics/PLM status nets a node error. Resetting the PLM to factory does not fix this either as it does not show up in the PLM check Status. If I reset the ISY with a paper clip then the PLM shows up again and gives 14.82.8C v92 connected. The only way I can add a device is through the "New Insteon Device" where I enter Name/Address/Type to make a link. The link is established and the device can be controlled through the Admin Console but the status of the device does not show up whether on or off. The test load is a 50w halogen lamp. At present I only have one device connected to the network. Thanks for your help.

michel_kohanim

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  2:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit michel_kohanim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello mjtyson,

I have tried a couple of times to contact you. Please reply back to my emails so that we can resolve this once and for all. If you do not see my emails, please do check your junk mail (UDI Tech Support tech@universal-devices.com).

Thanks and with kind regards,
Michel

Universal Devices, Inc.
http://www.universal-devices.com
http://forum.universal-devices.com
Go to Top of Page

mjtyson
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  2:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello michel kohanim,
I've already spent an hour on the phone with Rand and he believes the failure lies with the 2413s. I decided to put this out on the forum to see if there were any other suggestions - technical failures are rarely isolated occurrences - they only seem that way when you are going through them :).

mjtyson
Go to Top of Page

michel_kohanim

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  2:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit michel_kohanim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello mjtyson,

The fact that you are not getting anything popped up in the Admin Console when you go to linking mode indicates network communications errors between ISY and your computer. Although PLM could be defective, but I think above and beyond the PLM, we have to address networking issues.

I will be free in about 30 minutes and will contact you then.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,
Michel

Universal Devices, Inc.
http://www.universal-devices.com
http://forum.universal-devices.com
Go to Top of Page

mjtyson
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  2:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Michel,
That works for me - I believe you already have my contact info. I will be waiting for your call at home (1783).

Thanks again,
mjtyson
Go to Top of Page

mjtyson
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update:
The issue has been resolved - it turned out the culprit was an expired certificate (Java I believe).
Michel definitely went above and beyond with customer service - again.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page