Help with 4 x 12 Onq telecom module
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reallaw1
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  10:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 phone lines I'm trying to set up with this module. At my NIC on the house, I have two cat 5 lines. The AT&T guy used two wires from each cat 5 line on each phone number line.

At my control panel in the house, I have the 2 cat 5 lines in. I'm not sure where to insert them. I can get one line to work by using the upper left input, but can't get the 2nd phone line to work. I don't understand the diagram that came with the unit.

Here's the module: http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/dept_id_538/model_TM1478.htm

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BLH
Advanced Member

4357 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  06:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So each phone line is on one CAT5 cable by itself and separate from the other.
Do you know what pins of the connector are used for each line?
Go to Top of Page

reallaw1
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  08:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, AT&T used blue and blue white from one cat 5 and orange and orange white from the other cat 5 at the NIC box. The four blue go to one phone number and the four orange go to another phone number. On the telecom module in the house, it looks like there is only one input for 'line in'. Therefore, I'm suspecting I need to create a connector which uses the blue and orange from both cat 5 lines. Previously I used the standard rj45 wiring setup using all 8 wires of the cat 5, for each line in and line out.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

4357 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  4:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the wiring diagram for the TM1478 and a few USOC Telco wiring diagrams.
I think you would need one pair on 4 and 5 and the other on 3 and 6. The TM1478 diagram shows the orange pair on 3 and 6 and the blue pair on 4 and 5. As you said only one line input on the module and I believe you would have to have the optional RJ-31X bypass switch On to get pair one to the outputs. If you have a RJ-31X on a security panel that would seize line one in an emergency.

I am not an installer of this type of equipment so this is from reading diagrams.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page