cordless multi-line home system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ILSmartHome
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  9:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks - any recomendations for an all home 2 line cordless system? i have been through a number of systems but none seems to last all that long. My favorite has been the Siemens, next favorite was the motorola. Now running a panasonic.

I am putting in a leviton structured wiring system for my LAN and directv and have room for wired phones but would prefer wirless to get access to an intercom.

Any help is appreciated...

Jill747
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  8:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried Sony SPP-A972 900? It's affordable and i believe sony products are with good quality.

AD8BC

309 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  11:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a Vtech system that has worked tremendously well since I bought it in 2004. In fact I recently purchased a new third handset for it on Ebay (the model is no longer sold in stores)
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10897 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  12:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our older 2-line Panasonic cordless expandable, KX-TG6500, has been in service for more than eight years with no failures. At that time the maximum number of handsets was four so we added another base station.

When we needed more locations, we added the newer Panasonic that allows eight handsets, KX-TG6702.

We also use a Uniden TRU9466 base station because 2-line waterproof handsets are available.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics fun and learning.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

jeremymcnelson
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  10:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you sure it's a duplex receptacle? People kind of interchange duplex receptacles and plugs. so be sure.

anyway, your duplex receptacle will be using (if not already using) the outlets with 125 volts.

about quickport, try to google some phone wiring installation terms and you'll see.

Edited by - jeremymcnelson on 03/19/2010 4:04:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

gep2
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit gep2's Homepage  Send gep2 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been very happy with the Panasonic KG-TG6702 (?) using eight handsets and supporting two lines, plus intercom. Have had no failures (other than normal rechargeable battery replacements). We have the two lines connected to the output of a Vonage adapter, so both our lines (actually we have a fax machine too hooked to a second Vonage adapter) are carried across our cable Internet connection.

It's most all the advantages of a sophisticated office PBX system, without having to run all the wires... and with Vonage we get free unlimited long distance calls to land lines in something like 60 foreign countries. :-) (Beyond that, there's always Skype...!)

---
Gordon E. Peterson II
http://personal.terabites.com
1977-2007: thirty years of local area networking
Go to Top of Page

Usejoy78
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  06:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our older 2-line Panasonic cordless expandable, KX-TG6500, has been in service for more than eight years with no failures. At that time the maximum number of handsets was four so we added another base station.
Go to Top of Page

gep2
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit gep2's Homepage  Send gep2 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we've seen several handsets (or maybe the problem is with the base station?) which occasionally will drop a call for no apparent reason. This doesn't seem to be related to battery charge/life issues.

I would rather not try swapping base stations (we DO have a spare), both because then we would need to re-register all our handsets, and because we would lose all the voice mail messages stored in the base station.

Probably will just try to live with this and hope that the problem doesn't get worse.

---
Gordon E. Peterson II
Go to Top of Page

gep2
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  10:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit gep2's Homepage  Send gep2 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It occurs while stationary.
There is no unusual message. It looks like the call was just ended.
At least two different handsets, and maybe three have experienced this symptom. (Those also tend to be the handsets that we use the most often).

---
Gordon E. Peterson II
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10897 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  10:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gep2

Well, we've seen several handsets (or maybe the problem is with the base station?) which occasionally will drop a call for no apparent reason. This doesn't seem to be related to battery charge/life issues.

Does the dropped call occur when the handset user is stationary?

When viewing the handset screen immediately after the call is dropped, is there a message?

Is one handset more likely to cause the problem?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics fun and learning.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page