4 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  11:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in a 4-button KPL
Go to Top of Page

jckinneman
Average Member

62 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  11:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the Insteon remotes make them rechargeable and when they are in the charger make them active.

Active in that they listen for traffic.

Currently unless you have pressed a button recently or in linking mode they do not listen. I understand this is to save battery life and should be the mode when not in charger.

This would make linking and updating the remote much easier and predictable.
Go to Top of Page

Sub-Routine
Advanced Member

USA
1202 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  12:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sub-Routine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdobeck

I would be interested in a 4-button KPL

Yes, again

Rand
Go to Top of Page

joster
Starting Member

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  4:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about a alarm clock with some insteon buttons, so I can get rid of my controlinc. Just a thought as I was laying there looking at the clutter.
Go to Top of Page

AD8BC

309 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  5:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an idea for an alarm clock, but it may be more for the ISY..... The alarm clock could remotely set two or three alarm times in the ISY that could be used as program triggers. So you could set an alarm at night and set what the alarm does in the ISY.

It would be much more convenient than getting into the ISY every time you wanted to change your wake-up time.

And I guarantee you that a Federal 350 alarm horn connected to an appliancelinc will wake you up.
Go to Top of Page

Trevdawg
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  10:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two things I wish for:

keypanlink that can control fluorescents (since incandescents will relatively soon be outlawed, this HAS to happen)

ability to control connected load with ANY button, not just the top one!
Go to Top of Page

percy
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  8:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit percy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to see motion detectors
Go to Top of Page

GraysonPeddie

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  9:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see GraysonPeddie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
CFLs? OMDB! Incandescents rule when it comes to fully-dimmable light bulbs. CFLs suck.

Anyway...

Insteon Siren!

Need I say it again?

"Insteon Siren!"

It's a very useful device when interfacing the siren with Elk M1 Gold with PowerLinc Controller. X10 PowerHorn is a bad ideal when it comes to security: false alarms.

Using Vista Business for webserver until I get WS08 Web Edition.
Proud-owner of PLM!

I'm a computer programmer (Visual Studio 2005 with C#/ASP.net/SQL Server 2005 Express).
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10879 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Four button KPL with the following configurations:

2-device (Device A button 1 on-button 2 off), (Device B button 3 on-button 4 off)
3-device (Device A button 1-on button 4-off), (Device B button 2 toggle on/off), (Device C button 3 toggle on/off)
4-device buttons 1-4 toggle on/off

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics fun and learning.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

dss

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  1:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should make a wireless Insteon version of this motorized air vent, Intellivent:
http://www.smarthome.com/30230W.html?src=HML08RC07
http://www.draco-int.com/ourProducts.htm
For ceiling vents it would be great, you won't have to climb up on a chair or ladder to open and close a vent and it could be automated with a central timer or with a temperature sensors (which I would also place on Insteon wish list).
Go to Top of Page

jk02140
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  7:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could really use wireless wall switches for Insteon, more or less equivalent to X10's SS13A.

Also Filterlincs that could handle 20A load and hence plug and receptacles (a few of us have big UPSs that seem quite unfriendly to Insteon but for which you offer no filters.

Go to Top of Page

FrayAdjacent

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  7:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not gonna read all those pages to see if someone suggested it, but I'd like to see:

A 'smartkey' type of remote for a house. Basically, a keyfob that is detected by the home based system. Events could be triggered by the presence, arrival or departure of the keyfob. Basically like Nissan, Mercedes Benz, and others use for cars.

You'd walk up to your house with this fob in your pocket, and the lights would turn on, the door would unlock and you'd walk right in. When you leave in the morning, it would detect you moving outside, then going out of range - the lights would turn off and the door would lock itself. THAT is some automation!
Go to Top of Page

Xpendable
Advanced Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  12:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Xpendable's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AD8BC

I had an idea for an alarm clock, but it may be more for the ISY..... The alarm clock could remotely set two or three alarm times in the ISY that could be used as program triggers. So you could set an alarm at night and set what the alarm does in the ISY.

It would be much more convenient than getting into the ISY every time you wanted to change your wake-up time.

And I guarantee you that a Federal 350 alarm horn connected to an appliancelinc will wake you up.

I kind of like the idea of an alarm clock that sends a scene command when the alarm goes off. It would have a separate scene for each of the 1-3 alarm times so that you could link lights or other devices to each alarm without needing any separate home automation controller. And you could still do custom events with an ISY or other home automation controller if wanted to. That's actually one of the best product suggestions/requests I've heard yet!

Let's take it a step further... What about the snooze button? I'd like it to send an "off" for the last scene that was triggered.

Edited by - Xpendable on 02/27/2008 1:00:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sub-Routine
Advanced Member

USA
1202 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  3:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sub-Routine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xpendable

quote:
Originally posted by AD8BC

I kind of like the idea of an alarm clock that sends a scene command when the alarm goes off. It would have a separate scene for each of the 1-3 alarm times so that you could link lights or other devices to each alarm without needing any separate home automation controller. And you could still do custom events with an ISY or other home automation controller if wanted to. That's actually one of the best product suggestions/requests I've heard yet!

Let's take it a step further... What about the snooze button? I'd like it to send an "off" for the last scene that was triggered.

Better yet, snooze sends a different on, and off sends yet another on. Snooze could set the lights to a lower level, alarm off could turn on (or toggle) your hallway, bathroom, etc. Might as well make the snooze a toggle as well

I hope they hurry, one of our buttons is going.

Rand
Go to Top of Page

Xpendable
Advanced Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  07:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Xpendable's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sub-Routine
Better yet, snooze sends a different on, and off sends yet another on. Snooze could set the lights to a lower level, alarm off could turn on (or toggle) your hallway, bathroom, etc. Might as well make the snooze a toggle as well

I hope they hurry, one of our buttons is going.

Rand

I like it! If I knew enough about electronics, I'd be tempted to build one using something like an Arduino controller wired up to a PLM. But alas, I'm a software engineer, not a hardware engineer. Doh!

Edited by - Xpendable on 02/28/2008 07:32:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

GraysonPeddie

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  08:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see GraysonPeddie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I want a 13-button KeyPadLinc Dimmer!!!

http://www.amx.com/products/MET-13.asp

Seriously! I want it in just one gang!

Proud-owner of PLM!

I'm a computer programmer (Visual Studio 2005 with C#/ASP.net/SQL Server 2005 Express).

Edited by - GraysonPeddie on 03/07/2008 08:39:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

cmhardwick

377 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  10:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit cmhardwick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wallmounted wireless switches, like the x10 that just stick on the wall (battery operated).

Cicero
New to home auto and driving my wife CRAZY!! (well, not new to driving her crazy, but you know what I mean)
Go to Top of Page

smileretro
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about a 2way x10 code to insteon translator pim, which would convert insteon signals to x10 equivilent avanced code, and the reverse. this would allow the use of x10 controllers via its PIM to plug into the translator and the RF reliabilty of the insteon network.
Go to Top of Page

GraysonPeddie

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  12:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see GraysonPeddie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cmhardwick

wallmounted wireless switches, like the x10 that just stick on the wall (battery operated).

I second that.

Proud-owner of PLM!

Go to Top of Page

n2wishin
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  02:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2wishin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am new to the forums. My name is Rhonda and I live in Carson City Nevada, and I am going deaf. I am profoundly hearing impaired now, and because of a thing called Menieres disease, eventually, it will take most if not all of my hearing. I am interested in home automation and alternative signaling devices for people like me. I am wondering how much benefit I could derive from x-10, smart home, or insteon products. I was looking over the training manuals and I wondered if any rely on dvds if they are closed captioned for the deaf and hearing impaired.I have two service dogs and I have configured a simple network setup between computers that allows me to see what they are up to throughout the day as I work from home. I know its probably not a big deal to those of you who are old pros at this stuff, but I was kinda proud to get this running considering my hubby used to be the techie in my family. I worked for my local isp for about 5 years but there is a whole lot I don't know. I am sorry if my question seems to ramble - the amount of info on this site would make it a valuable resource for somebody like me. If anybody has the time and or inclination to post back, please feel free and I thank you all very much in advance and wish you a good day.
http://www.pyramid.net/rhondah/ If you only see two cams, it's dark! Go take a nap and come back later! ;) Thanks again - Rhonda in Carson City
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8282 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  05:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rhonda, welcome to the forums.

Your question is a good one, but it'll get lost here in the New Product Requests thread. I recommend you re-post your message in a brand new thread so that people who don't read this subject can still see and respond to it.

Thanks,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

dss

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cmhardwick

Seems that this would be easy to do. They could use the inner workings of an existing Remotelinc and package it into a wallmount form factor.
Go to Top of Page

dgreenb

16 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  1:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second (third?) the wireless wall switch.

Also, I'd like a keypadlinc or similar with multiple load connections. I've got several locations in my house that have two switches vertically in a single gang. To insteon them up, I'll have to bust out the box and double gang it or get even more creative. Something like this could also be used as a ceiling fan/light switch I know several people are clamoring for...
Go to Top of Page

GraysonPeddie

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  6:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see GraysonPeddie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Speaking of wireless wall switches, it'd be great to produce a different variaty of wireless wall switches, ranging from SwitchLincs, KeyPadLincs (6 or 8), ToggleLincs, etc.

I saw the TV commercial about wireless wall switches by the makers of Oxy Clean. Has anyone seen one in TV?

SmartLabs, when you release the wireless stick-in wall switches, it's helpful to test the stick-in switches in different wall surfaces, including paint. I had one stick-in wall switch from X10 that damaged the paint surface of the wall in an old apartment not far from Florida State University (Alumni Village).

Proud-owner of PLM!

Edited by - GraysonPeddie on 03/15/2008 6:56:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

chadg

46 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  08:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see chadg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing from the size of the remotelinc that a stick on controller may be difficult. The remotelinc is just huge! What I would love to see is:

Fan controler, fan controler, fan controler..... need I say more? And it should be designed to control the fan as well as the light usually attached to a fan. I'm thinking just take a keypadlinc in 6 button config. The load buttons would control the light and the four other buttons the fan. Off,low,med, high....

So, even better! I also really, really want no-load switchliincs and keypad links. So, if there was a loadless keypad linc combined with a 2 load inline module (small enough to fit in a fan houseing) that would get installed in the fan. Two products in one swipe! I love it. When will it be done?
Go to Top of Page

cmhardwick

377 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  4:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cmhardwick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they could cut down on alot of the size by getting rid of the legacy (read x10) "dim" "bright" "all on" "all off". These aren't necessary in most any situation now. Just include the circuit board and say 2 thin cells for power and 4 to 6 buttons. Either just toggles like the KPL secondaries, or small rockers with dedicated on/bright-off/dim. Personally, I like the 2nd choice

Cicero
New to home auto and driving my wife CRAZY!! (well, not new to driving her crazy, but you know what I mean)
Go to Top of Page

GraysonPeddie

USA
317 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  5:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see GraysonPeddie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah. I don't use those that much with my ControLinc.

Proud-owner of PLM!

Go to Top of Page

Just Another Joe

Canada
219 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  7:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chadg

Fan controler,

Good one.

quote:
fan controler,

Even better!

quote:
fan controler.....

Oh, I don't know about that. Instead, how about a ceiling FAN CONTROLLER?

quote:
need I say more?

Yes, please do so, and continue until someone actually makes it!

I've been waiting and wanting this for sooooo long!

quote:
And it should be designed to control the fan as well as the light usually attached to a fan.

Absolutely! Otherwise, it is useless!

quote:
I'm thinking just take a keypadlinc in 6 button config. The load buttons would control the light and the four other buttons the fan. Off,low,med, high....

I was thinking it should be more like a dual InlineLinc that would mount in the fan canopy. That way, it could be linked to any INSTEON controller, not just the one on that circuit. And, it wouldn't require the circuit be pre-wired for fan/light; it would work just as well with after-market fan/light combos. I say dual InlineLinc because we want ON/OFF/BRIGHT/DIM for the light, as well as ON/OFF/SPEED for the fan.

quote:
So, even better! I also really, really want no-load switchliincs and keypad links. So, if there was a loadless keypad linc combined with a 2 load inline module (small enough to fit in a fan houseing) that would get installed in the fan. Two products in one swipe! I love it. When will it be done?

I mean, if other manufacturers can make RF-controller in-canopy fan/light controllers, and Smarthome already has the INSTEON RF chips and the Inline technology, then what's holding them back?

Me? I'm just another Joe.
Symmetry, synergy, synchronicity, serendipity.
Why be politically correct, when you can be right?
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10879 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  11:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
INSTEON to IR, similar to the discontinued SH 1623

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics fun and learning.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

paulatsimplehomenet
Average Member

96 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  09:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit paulatsimplehomenet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ask and ye shall receive

Both receives and SEND IR

Can receive up to 40 codes (X10, RC5, Sony, NEC), can send up to 1024 codes(RC5, Sony, NEC).

paul at simplehomenet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page