New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rolf.hansmann@ohoe.de
Starting Member

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  04:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is a big warning to buy any InsteonHup related products. I bought mine at Intellihome.be
No support, no offer to exchange, the sensors are just not connecting, they have no idea to figure out whether the sensors are broken or the hub.
I really think I have to book my Insteon investment to the category: lost money

I love the idea, but it should have build to function and not as a placebo.

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
1223 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  07:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I know things like these can be quite frustrating for those just starting off in the HA industry. Rest assured once the basics have been completed and any noise makers, noise suckers have been identified and isolated. You will find the Insteon protocol first rate.

If you have several dual band (DB) devices please ensure you complete the 4 tap bridging test. The users manual will explain to you for the models you have as to how to confirm same phase, opposite phase. I believe the newer EU models will blink red indicating a device is on the same leg. While a green LED blink will confirm opposite leg / phase.

Once this has been completed you can start the linking process of your Insteon network. Please kindly take note that common problems arise where the user is not aware that near by computers, UPS, baby monitors, etc are sucking the Insteon signal away.

I know the HUB has been less than stellar based on reports by the masses. But, rest assured this product continues to be developed and updated. Please reply back as to specific issues you have and the forum members will assist you accordingly.

Teken . . .
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

4360 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  04:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May sound to simple. You did hold the set button on the sensors until the LED flashed to wake them up before trying to add them to the hub?
Battery operated devices go into to a power saving mode and can't be accessed until waking them up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page