Wireless Audio Xmit/Recv system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimspy
Average Member

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  10:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, all,
I'm looking for a simple way to listen to the TV at night without disturbing the little woman. I want one of those thingys that you plug into the TV audio out, and it sends a signal across the room to a thingy next to my bed that I can plug a pair of headphones into (mini-phone, not phono). I don't want one of those $19.95 Shanghai specials, nor do I want the $399 Sennheiser-Neibauer-Harmon-Kardon-Synchro-Techno-Sacco & Venzetti things. What's the best normal-priced system? Does it have to be RF to the headphones, or can I get RF to the receiver that I plug into?

==JJS==

stusviews

USA
10873 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  12:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The normal price is about $20 to $400, like the normal price of a car, TV, or swim suit. What's your range?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics fun and learning.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

jimspy
Average Member

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  8:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stusviews

The normal price is about $20 to $400, like the normal price of a car, TV, or swim suit. What's your range?

I think $60-$90 would be reasonable. A nice, reliable Chevy model. Not a Yugo and not a Bugatti.

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10873 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  11:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a run-of-the-mill reliable Chevy price range for a wireless headphone/headset. IMO, Sony seems to fit that need.

You don't need to be tethered to a thingy next the bed. The transmitter connects to the TV, the headphone/headset is the receiving device. It's all done with RF.

Go to Top of Page

jimspy
Average Member

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  09:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK, thanks. I'm not sure how to even search for the product, is it "wireless audio transmitter/receiver"? But that pulls up all kinds of high-tech whole-house A/V systems. Is it a "marriage saver"?

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
2374 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm not sure how to even search for the product

I would expect searching on:

"wireless headphones" might work well.

Edited by - oberkc on 09/10/2012 11:02:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

jimspy
Average Member

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  12:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oberkc

quote:
I'm not sure how to even search for the product

I would expect searching on:

"wireless headphones" might work well.

I would think so...but 90% of them are just fancy radios or bluetooth sets. I'll try again, thanks for your advice.

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
10873 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  1:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try "sony wireless headphones," if that's the brand you want or even "wireless tv headphones" or "sony wireless tv headphones."

Try www.mamma.com

Go to Top of Page

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
2374 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  5:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I would think so...but 90% of them are just fancy radios or bluetooth sets. I'll try again, thanks for your advice.

[left]Really! When I performed this search I got pages of hits on exactly the kinds of devices you are looking for. I used google.
I saw products from Sony (MDR RF970 for example), Sennheiser (RS-120 and RS-180), Rocketfish. They appear available on Amazon and Best Buy.
Go to Top of Page

jimspy
Average Member

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  9:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Send jimspy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh! Sorry, I missed these replies earlier.

Thanks guys!

==JJS==
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page