Thermostats & HVAC Control
 Temp control with Smartlinc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayagee

45 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  06:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to put my thermostat into a scene that will set the temp at a given setting at a specific time with Smartlinc?

I can control it now and make changes but I don't see how to set a specific scene to change the setting on the temp.

Thanks

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8301 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  10:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course. See the thermostat's owner's manual, http://www.smarthome.com/Manuals/2441TH.pdf , beginning on page 17: Add INSTEON Thermostat as an INSTEON Responder. Log into the SmartLinc's built-in interface, then when it says put the controller in linking mode, substitute 'tap the desired SmartLinc scene's Add button"--you won't be pressing the SmartLinc's set button at all.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

jayagee

45 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  6:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

Of course. See the thermostat's owner's manual, http://www.smarthome.com/Manuals/2441TH.pdf , beginning on page 17: Add INSTEON Thermostat as an INSTEON Responder. Log into the SmartLinc's built-in interface, then when it says put the controller in linking mode, substitute 'tap the desired SmartLinc scene's Add button"--you won't be pressing the SmartLinc's set button at all.

Yea, I did read the manual, I thought I was doing something wrong. The only way to add a device in Smartlinc is the add button which starts searching for devices... and will not find the thermostat. There is no way to add the devices id that I can find.
Thanks anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8301 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  8:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You lost me. I'm looking at that part of page 17 right now and I don't see any mention of using the thermostat's ID. Are you looking at the manual I linked or something else?

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page