O/B Terminal on new thermostat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kshaly
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  6:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings, i will try to make my question as simple as possible, HaHa. I'm replacing a Totaline P286-1400 with a new White-Rodgers 1F95-1291. Not an expert at all. I matched wire for wire when replacing. When i ran the new White Rodgers everything sort of worked fine, but the heat would NOT turn off.(All of my research just told me that there was a short somewhere, or 2 wires were touching?) I dont think this was true. Tried many things, read many things, and ended up disconnecting the wire from the O/B terminal. Now everything seems to be working OK. My question is this: Since i just replaced wire-for-wire, why would my older Totaline have a wire to the O/B terminal in the first place if i do NOT have a heat pump???? I only have a furnace and AC unit. Any suggestions on why my heat did not turn off? or should i just leave well enough alone since it "appears" i fixed the problem? Without a heat pump, is there any other reason a wire would be going to the O/B terminal? Thanks for any help

Edited by - kshaly on 06/15/2012 7:15:58 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page