New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmori1832@earthlink.net
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  1:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently had a SmartLink fail and replaced under warranty. Now the new smartlinc will not automatically turn on any of the modules programmed into the smartlinc. It does turn OFF all the modules listed automatically. If I pull up the web interface I can turn on and off all the devices that are listed manually. Additionally, I can turn on and off all the devices using the hand held remotelinc. I am using three, 3 pin, lamp link modules to control two interior lights and an outdoor flagpole light. The flagpole is set to "on" from sunset to sunrise. The two interior lights are programmed to come on at 8:30pm and 8:35pm and to go off at 11:30pm and 11:425pm. By 9pm I have to manually turn on all three modules. Then, interestingly enough, the 2412N turns all the lights off. I'm assuming it happens at the programmed time (I haven't watched to verify) but all the lights are off when I wake up in the morning. Any help would be appreciated.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8301 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  3:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you may have missed a programming step.

The basic process is:

1. At the device to be linked as a responder, tap the device On (using the On button on a switch, the Set button on an ApplianceLinc), the way you want it to respond to the scene.
2a. [Optional, for dimmers] Adjust the dimmer's level for the scene. Single-tap the Set button.
2b. [Optional, for dimmers] Adjust the dimmer's ramp rate for the scene. Double-tap the Set button. (The device should beep/blink only ONCE--if it responds twice, you didn't double-tap quickly enough, start back at step 1, next time doing the double-tap more quickly!)
3. Click the SmartLinc scene's Add button, then hold the Set button of the responder device for 4-5 seconds until it beeps. Both devices' LEDs will blink, then go solid.
4. Turn the scene on and off to test.

If you don't turn the device on in step 1, you program it to respond to the scene with a level of Off.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

dmori1832@earthlink.net
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  4:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're probably right. Thought I knew what I was doing but did not preset the controller to "on".
After reviewing the lamp dimmer quick start guide I see where I may have screwed up.
Will go through the "full" programming process tomorrow and hopefully that will "cure" my problem.
Will let you know. Thanks a whole BUNCH!
Go to Top of Page

dmori1832@earthlink.net
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  05:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem solved! All is well with the world. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page