New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mokuloa
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  10:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed my Securelinc 2 and like it so far. One of the reasons I purchased this unit was that it also is supposed to control up to 15 X10 devices.

I bought a PSC04 and a lamp module to try out the system. The LED on the PSC04 is lit when it is plugged into AC power, but as soon as I connect the RJ11 cable from the Securelinc 2, the LED goes out and stays out. I have the jumper in the alarm unit set to one-way for the PSC04.

I hope there is nothing wrong with the Securelinc 2. Anybody else have this or similar experiences? The alarm unit wasn't expensive but I'd sure not want to buy another one.

Paul

mokuloa
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  6:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doh - used the RJ-11 they supplied to me in the box and it was straight through. Good for a phone but NOT for the PSC04/Securelinc 2 connection. BOTH pairs (red/green, yellow/black) need to be reversed. I didn't want to wait for the cable to ship so I bought a Radio Shack connector (279-007), disassembled it, and flipped 'em inside. Works like a charm now. Probably be back for something else later......
Go to Top of Page

Alexei02
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  03:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Alexei02's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks,i to solve the problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page