Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Shop All INSTEON Products

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Energy Saving Solutions
 BLUEline PowerCost™ Monitor and Energy Meter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nemo1 Posted - 03/12/2009 : 11:45:10 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows if this meter will work with real time pricing meters (RRTP)(ComEd in IL)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tfitzpatri8 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 08:03:32 AM
The HL2 Properties tab already offers power use data generated by your iMeter Solos. That display shows you current power draw and cumulative energy used, then extrapolates that and uses your electric rate to compute estimates for monthly and annual power costs. The newly-announced Insteon Energy Display should do something similar using a battery-operated portable device.

SmartLabs has been showing a growing interest in power measuring and monitoring lately, with the addition of the iMeter Solo, the Insteon Energy Display and the SynchroLinc to the product line and iMeter power use and projection data to HL2. Those devices allow devices not under direct Insteon control to still be monitored and variable-load energy usage data to be captured. HL2 is already notified by your Insteon dimmers and on/off switches when they change state, so it would be easy enough to simply ask homeowners what loads are attached to each of their devices then do the math to compute power data. Once you have those numbers, that opens the door to reports and notifications and events based on total energy usage and time of day.
zmzmzm Posted - 04/07/2011 : 07:22:38 AM
I just installed one of these yesterday.

It was very easy to set up and I am currently using it with Google Powermeter. I wonder if there is a way to integrate output from my iMeter Solo so I could see how usage of individual appliances could be subtracted from the overall total as I work to segment and understand my usage.

I would love to have HomeLinc be able to integrate power usage together so that I don't depend on google (which has had some data dropout) to integrate it for me.

That said in the first day experimenting with turning off breakers I have found out where some of my high always-on power culprits are. Surprisingly my furnace fan (which I had always on) is 900W!

-Mark
PowerCost Monitor Posted - 01/26/2010 : 06:23:41 AM
Hello, just wanted to remind anyone using the product or thinking about purchasing, if you have any questions please post in this Forum and I'll try to provide an answer as soon as possible.

A few questions and/or issues I've seen out there are:
1) The sensor does not appear to keep up with my fast spinning disk?
- The sensor should have no issues with picking up the spinning disk, unless the disk is constantly spinning faster than 1/2 second. If you think this might be the case, please see if the monthly total matches your bill, but in reality, if the disk is spinning that fast, it will wear out very quickly and might need to be replaced.

2) Does this work with a SmartMeter?
- Yes, but the exception are meters manufacture red by Landis+Gyr that do not have any pulse for the sensor to pickup unfortunately.

Again, please do not hesitate to contact Blue Line at support@bluelineinnovations.com or toll free at 1-866-607-2583 with any questions.

Cheers
PowerCost Monitor Posted - 06/09/2009 : 09:44:25 AM
The watt-hour pulse is required for sure, as without it there is nothing for the outdoor sensor unit to relay to the inside display.

The most common digital meters with teh pulse enabled are:
CENTRON by Itron/Schlumberger
I-210 by GE
iCon by Sensus
R1S, REX by Elster

The others with nothing being outputted, and hence nothing for the sensor to trigger off of are:
FOCUS by Landis & Gyr
Schlumberger MT100/200 Hybrids
A1R+ and A3TL by Elster (Alpha)
GE Kv2 Series
Altimus by Siemens and Landis & Gyr
ASX/RSX by Landis & Gyr

Disk meters with the black mark spinning around pose no installation issues, provided there is no plate covering over the disk.

Hope this was helpful.

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by PowerCost Monitor

quote:
Originally posted by Jill75

So what would be better for this? The one with pulse or the one without? And why you say its more advantageous to use over the other?

__

PowerCost Monitor Posted - 06/09/2009 : 09:38:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jill75

So what would be better for this? The one with pulse or the one without? And why you say its more advantageous to use over the other?

__

Jill75 Posted - 05/20/2009 : 12:06:15 AM

__
PowerCost Monitor Posted - 04/07/2009 : 08:01:09 AM
Hello, hopefully I can help. What is the specific make/model of the meter(s) as I'm not in that area?

The sensor "looks" for a watt-hour calibration pulse from the newer digital meters, but not all "Smart Meters" or basic digital meters have this pulse enabled. I have some experience with deciphering between what meters have the pulse and which do not, so with a little more information I believe I could help.

Cheers

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page