Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Shop All INSTEON Products

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Z Wave Module for 220V Pool Pump ???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
svanni Posted - 09/23/2012 : 10:42:46 AM
Tired of X10 and switching to ZWave. However, I can't seem to find a direct replacement for the 220V X-10 switch that operates the 2HP Pool Pump. Please tell me there are options (other than the ELK relay).

Thank you.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stusviews Posted - 09/23/2012 : 5:05:16 PM
http://www.smarthome.com/25109/Intermatic-PE653RC-MultiWave-Z-wave-Pool-Spa-Home-Control/p.aspx

A less costly option is to install the Elk relay in an outdoor enclosure such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-2T2502GA-Plastic-Enclosure-Timer/dp/B004H74IPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348455885&sr=8-1&keywords=Intermatic+2T2502GA+Pool%2FSpa+Plastic+Enclosure+Timer
svanni Posted - 09/23/2012 : 1:57:07 PM
The current setup has a 220V X-10 rocker switch in an exterior gang box. Ideally, I'd like to simply swap it out. Using the ELK relay adds an additional installation step, and another box. Also, the ELK box is not recommended for outdoor use.

A 220V Z-Wave rocker switch would be ideal.

Thank you for your comments.
stusviews Posted - 09/23/2012 : 1:34:23 PM
Before looking for an alternative, what is the difficulty with using the Elk device? What do you require that the Elk doesn't provide?

Z-wave, as well as any other up-to-date home automation devices, cost considerably more than X10 devices, so a comparable price is not really an option.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page