Customer Service Representative in Smarthome's Customer Service Department
Smarthome is seeking a Customer Service Representative for the Customer Service Line.
The person hired for the position of Customer Service Representative will handle varied customer transactions; including inbound calls, customer order entry and servicing customer accounts; communicate with other departments and providers to research and resolve issues, identify and implement service solutions; work to enhance knowledge in key service areas; and other duties as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as the primary liaison with internal and external customers
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence.
- Educates and informs the customer of various processes and directs customers to appropriate resources.
- Has knowledge and understanding of the current processing systems and can provide service to internal and external customers.
- Handles internal and external customer inquiries, claims and complaints; interprets policies and regulations, investigates problems; and communicate with other departments and providers to research and resolve issues, identify and implement service solutions
- Achieves results through efficient management of customer accounts and the identification and implementation of improvements to service, communications, and/or efficiency of operations
- Practices first call resolution with internal and external customers; improves customer satisfaction by identifying patterns of problems and barriers to solutions. Provides insight to resolve problems
- High school diploma
- Minimum - 1 year of Technical Support & Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of home automation and INSTEON technology is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of house electrical wiring, A/V distribution, and surveillance is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work in a high volume rapidly changing environment
- Ability to please most people and accept feedback and criticism in a constructive manner
- Ability to follow through with commitments and show concern for the needs of others
- Ability to handle work-related stress; handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and meet deadlines
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion
- Strong Active Listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Medical & Dental Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Vision Plan
- Friendly, casual environment with emphasis on teamwork
- Employee discounts
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume, along with your salary requirement (or history) to: [email protected]