Webmaster and Graphic Designer
SmartLabs, Inc. is the leading developer, manufacturer and retailer of affordable home automation, connected home and building controls products. Divisions include INSTEON (proprietary dual-band, mesh networking technology and home automation products) and Smarthome (www.smarthome.com – a large internet retailer of home automation products).
We are looking for an extraordinary individual to manage and refine one of the most popular DIY ecommerce websites on the net: Smarthome.com. The Webmaster and Graphic Designer is directly responsible for web front-end design, coding and maintenance of the web site and landing pages, as well as assisting in the design of electronic marketing materials, promotional offers, and interactive design projects. Primary emphasis will be on creating, designing and implementing projects that raise the website conversion rate and ongoing development of the web and mobile presence. This individual is responsible for working as an integral part of the Smarthome marketing team, specifically in the areas of website engagement and e-marketing.
- Ensure that the website(s) meet the business needs and provide a seamless user experience
- Serve as lead person, if necessary, in selecting and working alongside a web development team to design, build, test and manage a state of the art website that is consistent with the various marketing initiatives
- Develop and implement SEO strategies used to maximize online presence and increase conversions
- Refresh the look of the website on a regular basis, ensuring the appropriate marketing messages are presented utilizing graphics consistent with current campaigns in a manner that is compelling, entertaining and interactive
- Develop & implement ways to increase website conversion rate.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires a dynamic and motivated self-starter who is capable of working both independently and with a team. Position requires strong ability to complete multiple cross functional projects while maintaining the general requirements of the position in a fast pace environment. Ideal candidate is a marketer with a well-versed tech background who:
- Understands marketing techniques and strategies
- Is creative and feels just as comfortable with the Adobe Creative Suite as they do changing and editing code
- Brings ideas to the table to not only improve the website, but also improve conversions from emails, pay per click and shop and compare
- Familiarity with .PHP, Magento or Zend Framewor
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Well versed in SEO strategies
- Experienced user of Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and Website Optimizer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
How to Apply
If your qualifications and experience match this position and you are a local candidate, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate why you're the perfect match for this position. Please make your subject "Webmaster and Graphic Designer".
SmartLabs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.